Teacher saying I cant move to Year 12??? (1 Viewer)

Kaan709

HSC
Hi guys im having trouble with school atm. This past year my attendance rate has been below 50% and only this term I started attending at full force (Study for 4-5 hours after school to catch up), my other teachers are impressed but my chemistry teacher is saying I wont be able to go on to year 12. I genuinely dont understand chemistry mostly because ive missed out on a lot of work. Is what my teacher saying true? What is the bare minimum in order to go onto year 12?

D94

HSC
N/A
3.1.9 Procedures for advising students in writing when they are in danger of not meeting the assessment requirements in a course
What procedures are in place to monitor satisfactory completion of a course?

A student will be considered to have satisfactorily completed a course if, in the principal's view, there is sufficient evidence that the student has:

• followed the course developed or endorsed by the Board; and
  • applied themselves with diligence and sustained effort to the set tasks and experiences provided in the course by the school; and
  • achieved some or all of the course outcomes.

While the Board of Studies does not stipulate attendance requirements, principals may determine that, as a result of absence, the course completion criteria may not be met. Clearly, absences will be regarded seriously by principals who must give students early warning of the consequences of such absences. Warning letters must relate the student's absence to the non-completion of course requirements.

Some schools appoint an assessment coordinator to track student progress.
http://www.boardofstudies.nsw.edu.au/hsc_assessment_policies/hsc_assessment_std_ref_fwk.html

It's up to the school Principal. If you don't have a satisfactory explanation for skipping half of Year 11, then quite frankly, you've inflicted this situation on yourself.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)