Subject choices for yr12!!!! (1 Viewer)

HSC
Hey guys, thinking about how close year 12 is, makes me extremely stressed, because of course now I have to make the final decision of my subjects.
My current subjects and rankings are:
- Adv. English 23/80
- Extension maths 10/30
- Mathematics 20/65
- Modern History 1/24
- Business studies 12/96
- PDHPE 2/75
- Legal Studies 3/45

I would love to do law in the future. So taking that into account I am sure I don't want to drop legal. I also wish to pick up history extension. After history extension I would have 14 units, which seems like a lot for HSC. I find business and PDHPE equally as boring and I've heard neither of them scale well.

My main question is, should I take 14 units in to the HSC, or drop Business and PDHPE leaving me with 10 units?

(extra advice about scaling of business and pdhpe and how different their syllabus is from preliminary would be highly appreciated)

smiller2144

HSC
Seeing as you want to do Law, dropping PDHPE OR Business and Extension Math seems like a good idea as Math and PDHPE both really don't relate to anything to do with Law. Do not overload yourself, and try to bump yourself up in Mathematics and Adv English. Other then that you seem to be heading for a very good atar.

123ryoma12

HSC
I wouldn't keep 14 units. It's not worth it to study 2/1 whole syllabus for insurance.

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Have a look a top scores/syllabuses/notes of the respective subjects

I'd probably keep 12 units if I were you.

Martin_SSEDU

HSC
I'd drop one at a time, probably between Business and PDHPE you might want to compare what percentages your getting in your exams to give you a better idea.

I'd keep your maths in my opinion as it gives you a great chance at getting a good ATAR if you're good at it (and you can definitely practice to get better). Heaps of law students have done 4U in high school just for the chance at getting the ATAR cutoff of 99.5+ at Usyd or UNSW.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)