Any tips for studying for yearlies? (1 Viewer)

HerpToTheDerp

HSC
Hi guys.

My yearlies are coming up in less then two weeks, and i'm stuck for some efffective ways to further my studies,

Does anybody have some tips for preparing for those final weeks in preperation for final exams?

Thanks.

igotoschool

HSC
make notes answering all syllabus points using a variety of resources (very important to use different resources in HSC year). If you've already made this notes, learn them. People learn in different ways. I find making diagrams and pretending to teach (by explaining out loud) the most effective and colour-coding and just reading the least effective.
For English I personally memorise essays to broad, general questions and make sure to adapt it on the day. It also helps to plan your response quickly in the exam (by writing the 2 or 3 points your essay will discuss e.t.c)
For Maths (i do general) I have brief notes and do all the chap reviews + past papers
For sciences, understanding each dot point helps and doing past papers helps sooo much. Sometimes, it's more about HOW you answer a question that gets you the marks.
Yeah, so in summary, notes, understanding these notes and testing your knowledge through past papers? Most importantly, just do it. Any other questions?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)