RE: Year 11 going into year 12, advice on dropping subjects (1 Viewer)

ChimChim

HSC
Hi!

So I'm in year 11 currently and will be shortly moving into year 12 next year, I understand that you are able to drop a subject if you wish - meaning you have 10 units. But my question is, I understand that having 10 units will make it easier for year 12 though I really like all the subjects which I am doing and I am not considering dropping any of them. Should I either continue on with 12 units into the HSC, see how I feel managing 12 units in my first term or should I consider dropping one.

Sorry for my long question, I just need some advice cause I'm kinda stressing out what to do.

Just for more info the courses which I am doing are:
Adv English, General Math, Economics, Ancient History, Biology and Drama

si2136

HSC
N/A
Keep 12 units, unless you can't manage it.

Or you can take the risk and maximise the 10 units.

Olevelswerebetter

HSC
Drop Biology maybe? You have adv. english, history and drama and the science subject seems out of place
What do you plan on studying at Uni?

Dragon9000

HSC
N/A
Dropping to 10 units is risky, since you won't have a backup if you stuff a test up. If you found year 11 extremely extremely tough, then drop 2, but I would strongly recommend against dropping to 10 units.

ChimChim

HSC
I'm still quite unsure on what I want to do in Uni, but what I am thinking of at the moment are either: Law or Psychology or maybe even a combined degree with both courses.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)