Is dropping to 11 units too risky in my situation? (1 Viewer)

mollytee

HSC
Ok so I have 13 units currently - Ext English, Modern, Ancient, Business, Economics and Legal

My plan was to drop economics and pick up history extension and extension english 2 and see if I didn't like one of them I'd drop and leave myself with 12 units. I dont like economics and business is kinda lame I dont mind it that much, but yeah its lame. So I was thinking would it be too risky to drop both business and eco while picking up the extensions leaving me with 11 units? Cause then if I dont like one of them I'm stuck with 10 which is too risky. Or should I keep business and see if I like the extensions or not? Part of me wants to be risky and go for it but I'm worried I'll regret it. Thoughts?

Also, shit. I'm losing all my motivation.

DisclosedAtar

HSC
I guess it depends on how well you're going with your subjects, although in theory you should be doing better in subjects that you like. My advice would be to drop economics and pick up both extensions, but only if you know you can keep up with the work load and if you enjoy both subjects. Also ask yourself where most of your marks are coming from and play to your strengths. Wish you all the best!

mollytee

HSC
I guess it depends on how well you're going with your subjects, although in theory you should be doing better in subjects that you like. My advice would be to drop economics and pick up both extensions, but only if you know you can keep up with the work load and if you enjoy both subjects. Also ask yourself where most of your marks are coming from and play to your strengths. Wish you all the best!
I'm doing really well with my histories and legal and pretty decent in English. Business and economics aren't really my favourites. 13 units seems like too much for year 12 but I'll see what happens. Thank you!

Martin_SSEDU

HSC
11 units is really preferable, I personally did 11 units and the extra study period + the fact that I didn't have that many subjects to studied for made exam periods really manageable and my study timetable really enjoyable.

If you're losing motivation an easy way to inspire yourself to continue studying is go look at what university courses you might be interested in doing based on your High-school subjects or interests, it's actually extremely comforting knowing that you're working towards your future.

mollytee

HSC
11 units is really preferable, I personally did 11 units and the extra study period + the fact that I didn't have that many subjects to studied for made exam periods really manageable and my study timetable really enjoyable.

If you're losing motivation an easy way to inspire yourself to continue studying is go look at what university courses you might be interested in doing based on your High-school subjects or interests, it's actually extremely comforting knowing that you're working towards your future.
Thanks for your reply! You have me leaning towards 11 units now.

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
The idea that "having 12/13 units gives you a back up" is a pretty bad excuse because it also gives you way more workload, meaning it will lessen the marks you get in the other subjects probably. Just go with 11 to be honest so that you have more time to study for them and if you do end up failing one of them, only one of two units of it will count with 11 units.

mollytee

HSC
The idea that "having 12/13 units gives you a back up" is a pretty bad excuse because it also gives you way more workload, meaning it will lessen the marks you get in the other subjects probably. Just go with 11 to be honest so that you have more time to study for them and if you do end up failing one of them, only one of two units of it will count with 11 units.
Yeah see thats the reason I wanted to go for 11. I'm just worried Ill hate one of my extensions and want to drop it. I really dont want to end up with 10.

RyanT7

HSC
Yeah see thats the reason I wanted to go for 11. I'm just worried Ill hate one of my extensions and want to drop it. I really dont want to end up with 10.
There's nothing wrong with dropping to 10 units, just kickback.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)