Advice and tips before year 12 starts (1 Viewer)

Karie

HSC
Hi so it's holidays and I'm going into year 12 next term. I just wanted to ask for any important tips and things to do right now to get ready before year 12 starts. (Of course, I know I should be doing some studying but just wanted to know any further stuff that I may not have thought so I don't want to regret not using this time that I have right now) Btw the subjects that I'm gonna be doing are English advanced, 3u maths, 4u maths, SOR1, chemistry, biology/VA (I'll be dropping one of them). So may anyone please give me some advice for the subjects I'm doing?? Thank you

KingOfActing

lukewarm mess
HSC
don't study before year 12
relax and take time off

because once the year starts you won't get a break until it's over

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
English: just read your texts and look at sample essays/creatives. Also look at some discovery concepts etc
Maths 3U+4U: just self learn whatever topics your doing in term 1 HSC/term 4 yr 11
SOR1: Just make notes
Chem: Make notes for production of materials (or if your school starts off with a different module like Acidic environment or chemical management and monitoring then start off with those)
Biology: same as chem
Art: IDK

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
Hi so it's holidays and I'm going into year 12 next term. I just wanted to ask for any important tips and things to do right now to get ready before year 12 starts. (Of course, I know I should be doing some studying but just wanted to know any further stuff that I may not have thought so I don't want to regret not using this time that I have right now) Btw the subjects that I'm gonna be doing are English advanced, 3u maths, 4u maths, SOR1, chemistry, biology/VA (I'll be dropping one of them). So may anyone please give me some advice for the subjects I'm doing?? Thank you
Chem and bio - Notes on first module
English - Read texts for first term
SOR1 - Just wait till school starts
Maths - If you know the topics then look into youtube videos (Eddie Woo is really good) or a textbook

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
So should you study through these holidays or no?
It helps a lot. Just study a bit everyday instead of waiting 2 weeks before an exam to study 10 hours a day. Just study throughout the term it's more beneficial.

sourmilk

HSC
Keep your year 11 english book because it can be useful for related texts and stuff

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)