Going into HSC 2017, Guide/Textbook Recommendations? (1 Viewer)

CinderFall

HSC
N/A
Hey guys,
HSC Starting in a couple days and just wondering which guides and textbooks people consider to be the most useful so that I can go out and purchase them. Honestly I haven't researched too much about this, so any suggestions would be great!
I am taking Mathematics Advanced, English Advanced, Chemistry, Ancient History and Software Design & Development.
Mainly looking for books regarding Maths and Chemistry, but open to anything.
A brief summary of the advantages of the guide/textbook would be much appreciated :)
Also, are excel study guides for Chemistry any good? :eek:
Thanks!

Zoinked

Beast
HSC
For chemistry, its crucial you look at Ahmad Shah's notes.

blackbird_14

HSC
For chemistry, its crucial you look at Ahmad Shah's notes.
His notes are really, really good! But otherwise conquering Chem is good, but I'd really be getting the past paper books instead of textbooks as that's a way you can reinforce the knowledge you've learnt.

Zoinked

Beast
HSC
past paper books are kinda not that good, you just look them up online. There are always solutions and ahmad shahs notes to look over when u get a question wrong.

turntaker

HSC
Students guide to hsc chemistry is good as well

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Advanced Mathematics: Cambridge or Fitzpatrick

iforgotmyname

Metallic Oxide
HSC
for 2u math, Cambridge is all you need tbh, pick up one of those books with worked solutions is also recommended

andrew12678

HSC
Conquering Chemistry is by far the more concise textbook for Prelim (Note: I am selling a copy of it atm in the Buy/Sell section so my opinion my be biased) but honestly copying it to the digital copy of Jacaranda back in my prelim days, conquering was far more relevant and less imbued with unnecessary depth and information!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)