Start tutoring for HSC in year 11 (1 Viewer)

eggwah123

HSC
N/A
Anyone starts tutoring for HSC subjects in year 11?
Like starts tutoring for year 12 Chem, Physics and Economics?

jazz519

HSC
Uni Grad
Anyone starts tutoring for HSC subjects in year 11?
Like starts tutoring for year 12 Chem, Physics and Economics?
I would probably advise against this at the start of the year because most of the hsc courses for sciences especially chemistry will require you to have a solid understanding of preliminary concepts. But maybe as you come to the end of the year when you have those strong foundations from prelim you could get tutoring to get ahead

blackbird_14

HSC
It's up to you, but in reality, you probably won't aborb that much because you don't have the foundations as jazz said- and there's only so much you'll remember :)

eggwah123

HSC
N/A
I would probably advise against this at the start of the year because most of the hsc courses for sciences especially chemistry will require you to have a solid understanding of preliminary concepts. But maybe as you come to the end of the year when you have those strong foundations from prelim you could get tutoring to get ahead
Do you mind I ask you this:

You sat 2U maths in 2015 (accelerated?), why sat 2U again in 2016?
As I am accelerated too and interested to know why.

Thanks

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC

Thanks
Get extra marks (due to improving internal rank), as seen by the 2 mark gain.

jazz519

HSC
Uni Grad

Thanks
Hey so in 2015 i got 99 in the HSC exam (because I worked really hard to improve) but had a poor ranking relative to that mark and thus my assesment mark was 93. So I ended up getting 96 overall. But I was certain in the next year that I could improve this I ended up getting 99/100 half yearly, 99/100 cssa trial, 98/100 school trial and ended up with an overall rank of 1, but I won't lie I was expecting higher in my HSC exam, but I made a silly error with reading a question that cost me marks and thus made my overall mark go down. I was expecting a 99 to 100 HSC mark for 2 unit, but I have no regrets with repeating since I still improved my marks and I am certain that it helped me get the 48/50 in 3 unit maths.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)