Should I pick up ballet in Year 11? (1 Viewer)

HSC
I went ballet lessons ever since I was 5 years old, completed the BAL exams up to Grade Four. Now I'm looking over old pictures of me and my dance class and miss the sport. I'm in Year 10 right now, going to start my Prelims next year. My exercise schedule is pretty much just swim and treadmill (I can do both at home) but ballet would require someone sending me, also paying the fees and finding a school. I also have piano lessons every week - but that's music and can be incorporated into my HSC.

Would it be wise to pick ballet up as a form of exercise? Or would it hinder my studies?

Orwell

HSC
If you really want to do it, I wouldn't advise against it.

My mate loves the piano and every time he gets home he does like 2-3 hours practice, in addition to teaching young ones and being taught himself. Mind you he's in Year 12.

KingOfActing

lukewarm mess
HSC
I 100% would recommend you do it if it's something you want to pursue. I didn't get back into dance during year 11 and 12 even though I wanted to and now I definitely regret it.

sourmilk

HSC
I believe if you truly love it, then you should go for it.

It's a good outlet especially during the HSC, and also helps you manage your studies better.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)