Should I do PHYSICS without 3 UNIT MATHS? Or am i crazy??! PLS HELP!!! (1 Viewer)

lolmichelle

HSC
Hi all,

Im currently starting year 11 and i chose 2 unit mathematics. I also chose physics. Is this a wise desicion??? I have 3 weeks to change my subjects but its a pain in the bbutt for my teachers... AAHHHHHHHHH

THANKS!

Drongoski

HSC
N/A
The only mathematics in Physics is changing the subject and basic trigonometry. You'll be fine with 2U.
If you do not plan to pursue further studies in physics, then as si2136 suggests, 2U is good enough. This is because the current NSW HSC Physics is a "feminised" (i.e. dumbed down) version of the subject. However if you have any desire to do more physics after that, I think you should equip yourself with at least 3U Maths. If you cannot handle 3U Maths, then I think you'd be seriously handicapped in uni physics.

Last edited:

lolmichelle

HSC
Thanks @drongoski and @si2136 for your answers :D . I wont be doing physics for uni for sure, so i think 2 unit should hopefully suffice. Sucks how "feminised" is synonymous with "dumbed down" though... :/

Kangaaroo

HSC
N/A
Thanks @drongoski and @si2136 for your answers :D . I wont be doing physics for uni for sure, so i think 2 unit should hopefully suffice. Sucks how "feminised" is synonymous with "dumbed down" though... :/
Yeah it's a terrible way of describing it. More emphasis was placed on the contextual aspect of Physics, as a way of drawing more girls to pursue STEM subjects. A silly change yes, but not "feminised" (wth does really even mean lol).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)