Prelim and HSC notes and tips (1 Viewer)

Lola Nak

HSC
Hey, I've just started year 11 this year and wanted to know if anyone has any prelim and hsc notes that i could use. Also, any tips and suggestions for year 11 and 12 would be very helpful.
My subjects are:
3u math
2u advanced english
2u chem
2u bio
2u physics
2u legal studies

Last edited:

donkily

HSC
N/A
Hey, I've just started year 11 this year and wanted to know if anyone has any prelim and hsc notes that i could use. Also, any tips and suggestions for year 11 and 12 would be very helpful.
My subjects are:
3u math
2u advanced english
2u chem
2u bio
2u physics
2u legal studies

Look tbh prelim is all about trying out what works for you and what doesnt. I know for a fact that during the HSC everything changes because that's when it starts counting and when people "up" their game in order to fight for the best ranks

Maths: Do practice and practice. There is no other substitute for maths other than practice. Also focus on what you're weak at and work from there. Practice questions in which you make lots of silly errors and practice questions you'd otherwise struggle to understand at times. Remember to ask for help whenever you need it because that way you learn

Advanced: Always have the rubric and syllabus at the back of your head. When analysing texts it's important that you take the rubric into account. When writing essays it's crucial that you use lots of descriptive words. Don't memorise essays but rather memorise all prepared essay paragraphs
when you walk into an exam room. For your creative, make one which covers the whole rubric, memorise it word for word and adapt. Practice essays and paper 1 discovery stuff and always get feedback from your teachers. Always take the marking criteria into account

Physics and Chemistry: these subjects are science subjects and are all about understanding and applying. Make notes, learn the content in class, do lots of practice exam questions (since exam technique is crucial), etc. Focus primarily at what your weak at, if you are weak at memorising a large amount of content, make worksheets (and notes) and photocopy them and re-do them several times until it's indented into your head. If you have a conceptual weakness at a specific dotpoint it is crucial that you have either a) a super detailed paragraph with a diagram or b) watch youtube in order to actually visualise what's going on better. If exam technique is your weakness, practice exam questions and get feedback on whether or not you are addressing verbs in the right manner

Bio: assume the same for phys and chem

Legal: I believe this subject is mainly rote learn, just use the exact same technique I told you for physics and chemistry

As for notes, there are some in the resources section of this forum

Good luck :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)