Is Economics, Legal Studies, Business Studies and Modern History too much? (1 Viewer)

salazar7

HSC
Hi, I have just started Year 11 and I have currently chosen Mathematics Advanced, English Advanced, Physics, Legal Studies, Economics, Business Studies. I am debating whether to drop Physics and pick up Modern History.

My question is, what is the workload of Modern History in Year 11 and is it too much with all my other Humanities Subjects? I am not interested in Physics at all and am only planning on doing Modern History (or physics if i keep it) in Prelim, unless I feel the devotion to it. I have one more week to change them.

ANY HELP WOULD BE GREAT THANKS :D

salazar7

HSC
Not really, I am only doing it as I have no other choice. I would select modern history in a heartbeat but i feel like it would be very essay based combined with all my other humanities subjects. Alot of people have also said this so Im not too sure.

Eudemonic

HSC
What do you like more?

I did Mod Accel last year and while there's a bit of content it's pretty easy overall. Not that many essays till HSC. Overall I would lean to modern to help you with your other humanities while phys might be wasted info

HSC
It's all very doable. In fact, it's often an advantage to have a lot of essay subjects because learning how to write effectively in one subject can help you in another.

All in all, just stick with what you like. You're not going to get out of the HSC without many sleepless nights and a huge workload. Trying to avoid it is silly IMO.

salazar7

HSC
Thanks for all the responses guys. I am likely going to be switching to Modern History.

Really appreciate it!

WildestDreams

HSC
Haha, I was considering all the same subjects actually! Very similar situation. And I did think before that I wouldn't be able to do that much essay style writing, but now that I think of it, and if I could go back, I'd probably do Modern instead of Physics. But Physics is fun too :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)