Should I take a language subject or retain IPT? (1 Viewer)

WhiteShadow_12

HSC
Hi,

I am a Yr 11 student interested in design, art, and technology. I am currently in a difficult situation of subject changing.

You see this year I have IPT as a subject and I'm really liking it. I also have Physics, which I found hard so I want to drop it and switch for Japanese Continuers (I'm not Japanese, but I've been taking it for 3 years now and I also like this subject).
But due to issues, if I want JapC I have to drop IPT.

Also if I want to drop Physics, I have to list out a few potential subject I want to take. I'm considering Senior Science but I already have Biology; or Software Design but I read that its hard; or maybe an art subject....??? :frown2:

I've went and check the syllabuses but still couldn't decide. Advice? Thanks!

(Sorry if its long)

boredofstudiesuser1

HSC
Hi,

I am a Yr 11 student interested in design, art, and technology. I am currently in a difficult situation of subject changing.

You see this year I have IPT as a subject and I'm really liking it. I also have Physics, which I found hard so I want to drop it and switch for Japanese Continuers (I'm not Japanese, but I've been taking it for 3 years now and I also like this subject).
But due to issues, if I want JapC I have to drop IPT.

Also if I want to drop Physics, I have to list out a few potential subject I want to take. I'm considering Senior Science but I already have Biology; or Software Design but I read that its hard; or maybe an art subject....??? :frown2:

I've went and check the syllabuses but still couldn't decide. Advice? Thanks!

(Sorry if its long)
If I were in your position I would:

Continue IPT and choose SDD instead of Physics so that the knowledge can kind of transfer between the two subjects - SDD really isn't that hard. I think you can learn Japanese anywhere anytime whereas something like SDD or IPT are hard to learn alone, especially since you're interested in design and technology.

But Idk, your priorities might be different.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)