What to do about my shitty chem teacher? (1 Viewer)

2loseyourmind4

HSC
Hey guys! Just started yr 11 and i dont know what to do

So here's my issue.

From years 8-10 I absolutely loved chem and was pulling some great grades (last year I got top 1% in my grade for science) so I'm good at it and I love it.

But my teacher this year for chem is fucking horrible.
He doesn't make sense when he talks - he just rambles about random things, he's very smart but he doesn't know how to teach. He's given us an "assumed knowledge" booklet and half of the things we haven't been taught and when we ask for any type of assistance he hardly answers the question. He's made chem such a dreadful lesson for me and I don't know what to do.

I wanted to do something in medicine/the medical field when I finished with HSC but now I'm starting to regret that decision. And I'm starting to wonder

Do I keep with it and get a tutor and hope I can teach myself (knowing that this is going to get harder over time) Or do I get outta there ASAP and pick up something else? I'm not doing any other sciences to fall back on which is another problem for me

Any advice?

Subjects currently are:

2U math
adv. eng
Ancient history
Business studies
SOR1
Chemistry

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
That sucks, but some practical advice
1. Try to move to another chemistry class/teacher (if applicable)
2. Get a good chemistry tutor
3. Speak to the head teacher/principal about your concerns (may also initiate a petition if the rest of your classmates also share similar concerns).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)