Society and Culture to Legal, Biology or Physics? (1 Viewer)

Flop55

HSC
Hey guys

Idk what to do.

I'm doing society and culture atm and its so boring. Hate it so much. We're legit just copying the syllabus into our notes- the fundamental concepts, ethical research etc. Its been like this for a month, so I want to change subject. Also when I heard the topics we were going to be studying I was kinda disappointed.

These are the other subjects on the line:

Biology - Yeah, it was ok in Science, some parts were interesting e.g. ecology, evolution but DNA and the human body is quite boring. The prelim course sounds interesting but not the HSC course.
Community and Family Studies - Nah, it would be too much like SAC I reckon, and scales badly.
Legal Studies - People have said its good, the prelim course sounds boring but HSC course sounds interesting.
PDHPE - Least favourite subject ever.
Physics - I'm really interested in Astronomy and waves, but its really hard. And most of the people at my school who do it go to coaching colleges etc. Both the prelim and hsc courses sound good.
Textiles - I can't sew so this is out of the question.

So idk. My other subjects are English Adv, 2 Unit Maths, Business (wanted to do Eco), French and Ancient History. Last year I didn't want to do science, but now I don't know, I thought I would really like Society and Culture but I was wrong! It might be too late to change subjects, I'm not sure!

What do you think?

Frostguard

HSC
Judging from your subjects it looks like you prefer to do content and writing based subjects so I'd say between Biology and Legal Studies. I didn't choose physics because it sounds complicated and involves mathematical concepts and that's the sort of stuff I avoid and you would probably too. It's good to at least have one Science and in this case Biology, because it gives you a better career path and it helps if you decide to choose a Science based uni course and Legal Studies is basically law - which is interesting. Both subjects have syllabus note taking because Bio has four main topics whereas Legal has 2 main topics with case studies and other stuff mixed in.

But in my opinion pick up biology and see how you well you go for the Preliminary Course and if you don't like it, you can always drop it :D (Sorry it's my first post so I'm not really sure what to say lol and that I picked both Bio and Legal so it's hard to weigh the differences XD)

Flop55

HSC
Judging from your subjects it looks like you prefer to do content and writing based subjects so I'd say between Biology and Legal Studies. I didn't choose physics because it sounds complicated and involves mathematical concepts and that's the sort of stuff I avoid and you would probably too. It's good to at least have one Science and in this case Biology, because it gives you a better career path and it helps if you decide to choose a Science based uni course and Legal Studies is basically law - which is interesting. Both subjects have syllabus note taking because Bio has four main topics whereas Legal has 2 main topics with case studies and other stuff mixed in.

But in my opinion pick up biology and see how you well you go for the Preliminary Course and if you don't like it, you can always drop it :D (Sorry it's my first post so I'm not really sure what to say lol and that I picked both Bio and Legal so it's hard to weigh the differences XD)
@Frostguard,

Thank you for your reply!

I have chosen Legal Studies because I think that it is the best suited subject to me out of the choice. Also, my parents weren't keen on me doing a science after my marks from last year :/ Haha

Frostguard

HSC
Haha no worries, I personally would've chosen Legal too :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)