HSC

Re: will year 11 go by fast?

yes and yes
    B Arts / B Science (Advanced Mathematics), UNSW

Executive Member
    HSC

Yes.

It's important to build up your work ethics and practice yourself to be consistent with notes and studying etc.

I did average in year 11 at my school and I'm getting mainly in the top 5's in yr 12, not because I studied hard, but I maintained good work ethics. Remember, HSC is done in 4 terms, it's a marathon, not a sprint. A lot of people try their hardest in year 11 but many just burn out in the end. A lot of my friends who done that are now doing average, because they lost their motivation. But in year 11, learn to have discipline, train yourself to be consistent. You don't need to study your hardest, but at least read a bit of your notes every night to keep on track. In the end, your ranks reset and everyone will say, "It's not that important".
    frog1944 and antonelaaa21 like this.

HSC

Yeah it'll go by fast it's just 3 terms and no it's not important except for english (so you don't get dropped to standard) and maths (to get higher levels).
    2016 HSC (Accelerated)
    // 2 Unit Maths (97) // Studies of Religion 1 (48) //

2017 HSC
    // Biology // Physics // Maths Extension 1 // Maths Extension 2 // English Advanced //

HSC
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu975 View Post
    Yeah it'll go by fast it's just 3 terms and no it's not important except for english (so you don't get dropped to standard) and maths (to get higher levels).
    not all schools force you to do standard english in fact some schools make advanced compulsory

some schools (mainly low ranked schools) let whoever they want in the higher level of maths despite having horrible marks

HSC

Yess it will fly and no it isn't important. I barelt studied for my preliminary exams and throughout year 11 and i did average in my exams. Now in year 12 i am doing really well because i have the thought that it is now important and i must aim for my best. As long as you try your best for math and english and learn the essential skills for HSIE subjects and english such as essay writing, HSC question examples you should be very well prepared for year 12. Don't stress and try too hard because you will be unmotivated to go through it again for year 12. Speaking from experience save your energy. But in the end everyone and their own situations are different so i can't speak for all

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    pikachu975 and antonelaaa21 like this.

Thread Information