Need help with history quotes on MLK and Malcom please. (1 Viewer)

Helpwanter234

HSC
HI, i am currently doing an history assignment in which i need quotes to implement within my essay. My essay is about comparing and contrasting between malcom x and mlk. Thank you.

HELpMENTOR101

HSC
I did this assignment in 2015, here are some of the quotes i used.
Marcus Gravery
“we [African Americans] should rely upon our own unity and create means of empowerment”
Malcom X
“not a realistic goal for a nigger"
“We are black first and everything else is second”
“I have often whished that he (MLK) would talk less of violence, because violence is not going to solve our problems”.
“hope and future” (he showed a means of)
Mahatma Gandhi
“the weapon of love”
Martin Luther King
. "As I read about him [Gandhi], I became deeply fascinated by his campaigns of nonviolent resistance. As I delved deeper into the philosophy of Gandhi, my scepticism concerning the power of love gradually diminished, and I came to see for the first time its potency in the area of social reform." (from his autobiography)
"The 'turn-the-other-cheek' philosophy and the 'love-your-enemies' philosophy were only valid when individuals were in conflict with other individuals; when racial groups and nations were in conflict, a more realistic approach seemed necessary. But after reading Gandhi, I saw how utterly mistaken I was." (from his autobiography)
“Mrs. Park was the precipitating factor rather than the cause of the protest. The cause lay deep in the record of similar injustices”. (within his book stride toward freedom)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)