Physics Olympiad and Maths olympiad drama! (1 Viewer)

mkv_86

HSC
So im at the start of year 11 (assessments are in like a week), doing relatively decent atm. And I was wondering if i did physics olympiad tutoring (13 sessions each thursday, havent paid yet) and studied maths olympiad at home, would that possibly interrupt my study for the hsc? (Keep in mind i have to travel 1hr to school so i get home at like 4:50)

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

seanieg89

HSC
There is no universally right answer to this, it entirely depends on how on top of your regular courses you are. If you are disciplined and a good student you will probably be fine, but I cannot say that this is true for everyone.

Are you currently in the mix for the olympiad team selections? Or is it an aspiration of yours to reach this stage / to learn the material for fun?

mkv_86

HSC
Well im gonna register so idk aspiration i guess?

boredsatan

HSC
So im at the start of year 11 (assessments are in like a week), doing relatively decent atm. And I was wondering if i did physics olympiad tutoring (13 sessions each thursday, havent paid yet) and studied maths olympiad at home, would that possibly interrupt my study for the hsc? (Keep in mind i have to travel 1hr to school so i get home at like 4:50)

Probably, yes, it would interrupt it a little bit

seanieg89

HSC
Well im gonna register so idk aspiration i guess?

Register for what?

Typically for mathematics, you get invited to selection/training camps based on performance in feeder competitions like the AMC, UNSW etc. There are also the extension programs that used to be run by Geoff Ball (rip :( ). Idk if physics works differently.

You will likely have to work extremely hard to have a chance of team selection if you don't have much experience with this stuff already, but if your heart is set on it this shouldn't discourage you.

mkv_86

HSC
Register for what?

Typically for mathematics, you get invited to selection/training camps based on performance in feeder competitions like the AMC, UNSW etc. There are also the extension programs that used to be run by Geoff Ball (rip :( ). Idk if physics works differently.

You will likely have to work extremely hard to have a chance of team selection if you don't have much experience with this stuff already, but if your heart is set on it this shouldn't discourage you.
Thanks for the suggestion I will give it everything ive got! After all i love physics

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)