[POLL] When was the latest you studied before an exam? [also kinda urgent] (1 Viewer)

kendallkreene

HSC
HEY GUYS, I have an exam in 2 days and I just quickly powered through my note-making yesterday. So for today and tomorrow, I'm gonna revise my notes like hell...

Does this sort of semi-cramming work? How many days was the latest you studied? Did you still get a good mark?

duck4

HSC
For Yr 11 chemistry last year I made the first half of my notes the weekend before a test on Wednesday, it was a very intense weekend that made my hand hurt (I handwrite my notes), but I got 100% on the test. I only did a little bit of revision between the weekend and the test. I then didn't make anymore notes until the weekend before my prelim exit exam, where I did a similar note-making marathon and got 92% in my exam on Monday. I am lucky because I remember things by writing them. BUT saying that I wouldn't recommend it, while it is possible to 'semi-cram' before a test it is much better to have your notes done before that (I am attempting to follow my own advice this year) because it gives you time to revise, do past papers and sets you up better for future exams if you have a good set of notes that weren't made in a rush.

fluffchuck

HSC
Morning of the exam, got mid 90s. Cramming only works if you already have a good understanding of your subject.

Zoinked

Beast
HSC
Just had an accounting exam where i didnt attend 4/6 lectures it was based on, read the lecture slides the night before and on the morning of the exam. Fully confident I got 85+%, shit was ez, ill get my marks back soon though.

feeah

HSC
i had a few exams in year 11 where i didn't study at all but always got at least 70%. most of that's just from listening in class and understanding how your teacher wants you to answer the questions. for my year 12 ancient history half yearly exam a few weeks ago i started studying around 2am the night before and didn't sleep until after the exam. got 96%. again, you just gotta understand how to answer the questions properly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)