How do you memorise your notes? (1 Viewer)

kendallkreene

HSC
Year 7 - 9 were okay, the content was manageable to read over and over again in one sitting... Year 10 I bludged lol, although it seems like Year 11 has stepped way the hella up in terms of workload. I end up with 50 + pages of notes for two topics (this is for the Humanities-based subjects), and it's difficult to read over and over again in one sitting, which is how I memorise notes. I now have to read 25 pages, take a break and then go back and read the next 25. Not sure how effective this will be tbh

13cheungjn1

HSC
Hi Kendall,

What I did for memorising was further summarise my notes into dotpoints, mind maps, and timelines (if applicable). I would also try to teach a friend or even my parent about said topic to see if I understand it myself. Hope this helps!

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
Personally for half yearlies we had 2 modules/options for bio/phys etc:

- Printed syllabus
- Highlighted all the dot points I'm confident with, even if I'm 50/50 don't highlight
- Use tutoring booklets (for physics) or my own written notes (for biology) and just read those and when I think I know the dot point then I just highlight it

Basically I did this for cramming last minute but along with this I'd do palm cards if you have time to make some as they were very useful for SOR quotes last year.

Frostguard

HSC
I pretty much just write my notes for every subject on my weekends when I have time eg for economics if I learnt definitions for labour force and whatnot, I would write it down. Most of my subjects are humanities just like yours and I try to stay as organised as possible, handwrite my notes and always start a new page whenever I start a new module or case study by just compiling all the info into one main 'booklet' eg I have 30 pages for Modern right now and categorise it into case studies ( 1 - civil rights and case study 2 - Holocaust), same thing applies to economics and Legal Studies.

For some reason I don't write my own Biology notes like I do for other subjects simply because there are YouTube videos by this teacher named Mr Catterson who does all the topics for Biology, both Preliminary and HSC, it's really helpful for describing the main points but not so much for in class practicals and stuff.. Can someone tell me if my methods are efficient and useful? Both legal and modern have marks over 90 but economics is in the 70s and biology in the 60s? :)

Biblidography

HSC
If your study technique for Modern and Legal gives you the marks. I reckon try and reciprocate that for Bio, just adapt your notes to the subject or topic. Hope it helps.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)