What are some strategies for studying specific subjects? (1 Viewer)

dabatman

HSC
N/A
Hi everyone,

For my preliminary subjects i'll be studying:
- 3 unit maths
- advanced english
- physics
- chemistry
- economics
- modern history (i'll probably be dropping it next year)

So far, i've been doing well in terms of marks and rankings. However, I feel like my studying methods are tiring me out. I've been HAND writing notes for all subjects except for maths and i've had a hard time memorising them even though i've attained good marks.

It hit me last night that should there be a specific and different studying technique for each subject? Can anyone please give me advice, because I feel really exhausted from my studying technique? Is typing notes better that hand writing? What should I do?

Thanks in advance

Zoinked

Beast
HSC
Use the search function. This website is filled with lots and lots of advice which gets repeated over and over.

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
For sciences I usually print the syllabus and highlight what I 100% know, and then read over tutoring booklets for ones not highlighted then do papers if I have time.

For biology I handwrote my notes because we had to do it as homework but to be honest typing is much much much easier because writing it didn't really improve retention imo and typing you can edit and refine it way more easily.

From SOR last year I've found flash cards were good which I'm beginning to use for my subjects as they're useful for memorising.

dabatman

HSC
N/A
For sciences I usually print the syllabus and highlight what I 100% know, and then read over tutoring booklets for ones not highlighted then do papers if I have time.

For biology I handwrote my notes because we had to do it as homework but to be honest typing is much much much easier because writing it didn't really improve retention imo and typing you can edit and refine it way more easily.

From SOR last year I've found flash cards were good which I'm beginning to use for my subjects as they're useful for memorising.
thankyou so much

BreeJones01

HSC
For 3 unit maths just do every Q in the textbook and look at heaps of past paper questions from the HSC every week. That's what I have been doing

dabatman

HSC
N/A
thank you so much, this is really helpful
For 3 unit maths just do every Q in the textbook and look at heaps of past paper questions from the HSC every week. That's what I have been doing

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)