Year 11 subject selection help (1 Viewer)

TB88

HSC
I'm not exactly sure on what subjects I want to do in Year 11/12 but I have a rough idea and plan to do something commerce or law related in uni. The subjects I'm thinking of are:

English Advanced
Maths Extension 1
SOR 1 or SOR 2
Economics
Business Studies or Legal Studies
Modern History or PDHPE

My last two subjects I'm unsure about, and is there any major difference between SOR 1 and 2. Im aiming to get an atar of 95. Anyone have any ideas on what I should choose?

Last edited:

boredofstudiesuser1

HSC
I'm not exactly sure on what subjects I want to do in Year 11/12 but I have a rough idea and plan to do something commerce or law related in uni. The subjects I'm thinking of are:

English Advanced
Maths Extension 1
SOR 1 or SOR 2
Economics
Business Studies or Legal Studies
Modern History or PDHPE

My last two subjects I'm unsure about, and is there any major difference between SOR 1 and 2. Im aiming to get an atar of 95. Anyone have any ideas on what I should choose?
Legal > Business (imo)

Business seems to have a lot more content. Legal is really just common sense and case studies.

I heard PDHPE is more 'science-related' and since you don't seem to be doing Sciences and are doing 3 other humanities, I'd suggest Modern History.

I know SOR 2 is more about:
- Prelim: Buddhism, Islam (major religions other than Christianity)
- HSC: Minor religions that aren't as well-known
I think SOR 1 is more Christianity/Catholic based (but I might be wrong on that).

I would suggest to choose subjects that can help each other out at least a little. I chose a subject from each faculty and am finding that it really requires a lot more effort.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)