Leadership roles (1 Viewer)

Pandamonium99

HSC
Hi Everyone,

Could someone tell me whether leadership responsibilities would impact on my year 12 study and success? Im just asking because I might be offered a role, but if it costs me potential marks in the long run the question is it really worth it? Also, how much do universities value having a leadership role in their selection of canidiates for courses?

Thanks for any advice :).

Green Yoda

Hi Φ
HSC
Hi Everyone,

Could someone tell me whether leadership responsibilities would impact on my year 12 study and success? Im just asking because I might be offered a role, but if it costs me potential marks in the long run the question is it really worth it? Also, how much do universities value having a leadership role in their selection of canidiates for courses?

Thanks for any advice :).
It has minimal effect on your marks as you will be able to catch up anyways. Leadership is a very important thing to learn and experience and can help you immensely in life. Starting with school leadership is the best opportunity to improve yourself as a person and a leader. So definitely go for it, you won't regret it, trust me!

jazz519

HSC
Uni Grad
I doubt it will have that much or even any impact on your marks, because even if you are school captain you don't do that much apart from a few speeches here and there. In terms of university, it's really important if you want to apply for some type of internship or scholarship, because from my experience in the scholarship I got it asked questions about my actions as a leader in school, sport or some other activity.

blackbird_14

HSC
I was in a similar position as you two years ago, and if I were you take it. You learn so much about yourself and you get heaps of situations in which you can draw upon in future interviews for anything, and honestly it doesn't take up that much of your time. I often used prefect things to procrastinate upon, but ultimately it probably helped me to manage my time better, and my results didn't vary that much.

Pandamonium99

HSC
Thanks all for the great replies!

If I were to go for a specific role, which one should I go for? i.e.

- Captain
- Vice C
- Religious life
- Mission, social justice and stewardship
- Academic life
- Events
- SRC
- House Cap..

Green Yoda

Hi Φ
HSC

- Captain
- Vice C
- Religious life
- Academic life
- Events
- SRC
- House Cap..
School captain

andrew12678

HSC
Yea get involved in leadership if you can, you never know, it might prove useful one day (Hint: any interview)

blackbird_14

HSC

- Captain
- Vice C
- Religious life
- Academic life
- Events
- SRC
- House Cap..
Any of the above, captain/vice cap obviously first, but make sure you have a slight interest in doing those before you commit :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)