Subjects dilemma! (1 Viewer)

mkv_86

HSC
Almost at the end of Yr 11 so here are my results so far:
I attend NSBHS so keep in mind these tests were laughably ridiculous for me (this is my first year, im a transfer)
Ranks:
- Maths (3U) (71/147)
- Eng (2U) (10/164)
- Bio (17/40)
- Chem (Aids/106)
- Phys (Aids/107)
- Mod History (22/36)
(Not planning to do 4U maths)
I'm just confused which one to drop for Yr 12, Bio or Phys? I think Bio is easier but my school is trash at it (median was 65%), whereas my grade crushes phys (median 86%). Bio is easier, but boring af, phys is more interesting, but I'm doing pre bad. I find the prelim topics for phys really boring compared to the HSC one (I think a lot of ppl would say the same thing). So I need help, which one should I drop? I need to drop something, cant take 3 sciences......

Much thanks

bujolover

HSC
I attend NSBHS so keep in mind these tests were laughably ridiculous for me (this is my first year, im a transfer)
Ranks:
- Maths (3U) (71/147)
- Eng (2U) (10/164)
- Bio (17/40)
- Chem (Aids/106)
- Phys (Aids/107)
- Mod History (22/36)
I'm just confused which one to drop for Yr 12, Bio or Phys? I think Bio is easier but my school is trash at it (median was 65%), whereas my grade crushes phys (median 86%). Bio is easier, but boring af, phys is more interesting, but I'm doing pre bad. I find the prelim topics for phys really boring compared to the HSC one (I think a lot of ppl would say the same thing). So I need help, which one should I drop? I need to drop something, cant take 3 sciences......

Much thanks
What do you mean by "Aids", lol??

To answer your question, do physics, especially since you find it more interesting than biology at least. Usually interest leads to good marks - give yourself a chance to improve in it.

Last edited:

Frostguard

HSC
Yeah like bujolover said, ultimately choose a subject you have interest in not because it's easy and even if you do bad at Preliminary Physics, maybe HSC Physics is a lot more interesting.
Interest may lead to higher marks and more motivation/determination to do well especially in a subject where your grade's median is high, pushing you to do better and wanting to beat the average.

P.s I love the way you said 'aids', you must have done reallyyyyy bad hahaha

dabatman

HSC
N/A
Ranks:
- Maths (3U) (71/147)
- Eng (2U) (10/164)
- Bio (17/40)
- Chem (Aids/106)
- Phys (Aids/107)
- Mod History (22/36)

Much thanks
In all honesty, if you find biology much easier, then you should do it. All you need to do is put in maximum effort in bio, then your ranks will move up. In comparison, if you find physics difficult, then don't do it. I understand that people would choose physics just because of its "good scaling", however, this is not the case. But, since you find physics interesting, then choose it. From my experience, if you find something interesting, you will perform much better in it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)