Is it possible to attain the following...? PLEASE REPLY ASAP... (1 Viewer)

Jonaldo7

HSC
Hey guys,
So i was wondering whether it's POSSIBLE to attain an atar of 90%+ in all of the following subjects for my year 12 HSC, DO I NEED AN EXTENSION SUBJECT TO ATTAIN THAT SORT OF ATAR?:D ; WHICH OF THESE SUBJECTS WILL REQUIRE MORE TIME TO GRASP FULLY?

ADV. ENG
CHEMISTRY
PHYSICS
SOR I
MATH
GEOGRAPHY

THANKS SO MUCH GUYS!

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
You don't need an extension subject to get a high atar.

Physics or chemistry will take the longest to grasp

jasminerulez

HSC
N/A
You can attain a 90+ atar with ANY subjects! So yes, it is possible!!! You just need to do your best and study hard!! :)

Sp3ctre

HSC
Hey guys,
So i was wondering whether it's POSSIBLE to attain an atar of 90%+ in all of the following subjects for my year 12 HSC, DO I NEED AN EXTENSION SUBJECT TO ATTAIN THAT SORT OF ATAR?:D ; WHICH OF THESE SUBJECTS WILL REQUIRE MORE TIME TO GRASP FULLY?

ADV. ENG
CHEMISTRY
PHYSICS
SOR I
MATH
GEOGRAPHY

THANKS SO MUCH GUYS!
An ATAR of over 90 with any subjects is always possible, the question is are you prepared to put a lot of time and work in achieving that goal?

I don't do SOR or Geography so I can't talk much about that. Chemistry and physics are among the harder subjects that you're doing, and you may need to spend more time grasping concepts in those two subjects than others. Doing physics and chemistry is a good combination though, a lot of concepts from physics and chemistry will overlap each other. Maths really depends on if you've built your basic foundation of techniques like algebra and trigonometry well in your junior years. Those who have will probably excel at at 2 unit, but others may struggle more, but if you do all your homework for maths and have all your questions answered, then there shouldn't be much problem. English Advanced is basically writing out essays and handing in multiple drafts to teachers to have them improved each time so you can use them for your HSC.

Jonaldo7

HSC
An ATAR of over 90 with any subjects is always possible, the question is are you prepared to put a lot of time and work in achieving that goal?

I don't do SOR or Geography so I can't talk much about that. Chemistry and physics are among the harder subjects that you're doing, and you may need to spend more time grasping concepts in those two subjects than others. Doing physics and chemistry is a good combination though, a lot of concepts from physics and chemistry will overlap each other. Maths really depends on if you've built your basic foundation of techniques like algebra and trigonometry well in your junior years. Those who have will probably excel at at 2 unit, but others may struggle more, but if you do all your homework for maths and have all your questions answered, then there shouldn't be much problem. English Advanced is basically writing out essays and handing in multiple drafts to teachers to have them improved each time so you can use them for your HSC.
THANKS!!

blackbird_14

HSC
Hey guys,

ADV. ENG
CHEMISTRY
PHYSICS
SOR I
MATH
GEOGRAPHY

THANKS SO MUCH GUYS!
Idk if this will comfort you, but I did a similar pattern of subjects, where 3u didn't end up counting in my atar calc anyway. Since people have covered the phys/chem, which really in my option (along with maths), is best reinforced through endless past papers, I'll cover get cause no one seems to do that here.

For geo, make sure you get your skills down pat in year 11, so in year 12, you don't need to dedicate time to relearning skills instead of understanding and memorising new content. Make sure you understand what you're learning, it'll make it much easier for you to craft a short answer response in your exams. Having as up to date stats is always great, especially in extended responses, along with having case studies that can be applied to many factors within that dot points, which will help you "flesh out" the body of your extended responses. But the best way to learn, IMO, is to do practice papers and hand them into your teacher to get marked. In some ways, geo is like the English/Humanities side of science, you have the scientific bit with human interactions, and hence you need to understand both the science/math bit (vertical exaggeration), and how to craft concise answers to questions.

Jonaldo7

HSC
Idk if this will comfort you, but I did a similar pattern of subjects, where 3u didn't end up counting in my atar calc anyway. Since people have covered the phys/chem, which really in my option (along with maths), is best reinforced through endless past papers, I'll cover get cause no one seems to do that here.

For geo, make sure you get your skills down pat in year 11, so in year 12, you don't need to dedicate time to relearning skills instead of understanding and memorising new content. Make sure you understand what you're learning, it'll make it much easier for you to craft a short answer response in your exams. Having as up to date stats is always great, especially in extended responses, along with having case studies that can be applied to many factors within that dot points, which will help you "flesh out" the body of your extended responses. But the best way to learn, IMO, is to do practice papers and hand them into your teacher to get marked. In some ways, geo is like the English/Humanities side of science, you have the scientific bit with human interactions, and hence you need to understand both the science/math bit (vertical exaggeration), and how to craft concise answers to questions.
Thank you !!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)