Thread: Binder or exercise books?

HSC

Binder or exercise books?

Which would you recommend for year 11 and 12?

HSC

Re: Binder or exercise books?

Depends on the subject. For maths, I'd definitely go with exercise books because per page, they're cheaper than reinforced loose leaf paper. For content heavy subjects/subjects that get a lot of handouts of stuff, I'd use a binder so that you don't loose the handouts. But again, if you use loose leaf paper aka binders, and you're not careful, once you loose one sheet of paper, you'll miss whatever content was on that sheet.
    Searching for that HD WAM

2017: UNSW Advanced Science (Chemistry)

HSC 2016: Mathematics | English Adv. | Music 2 | Geography | Chemistry | Maths Ext. 1

HSC

I'm going to go with Binders for year 11 and 12 (except maths) and maybe just bring some papers to school in a folder to use then put it into the binders at home. Hehehehe gonna have a light bag

HSC

tbh ive been using loose leaf this year and it didn't make much of a difference when compared to exercise books. exercise books are much cheaper as well.

HSC

I've been using exercise books for every subject this year and now my room is filled with handouts and regret

For subjects such as Society and Culture, Legal Studies, Visual Arts (basically humanities and creative arts) I definitely recommend using binders or folders (except for a visual diary for Vis Arts obviously). Otherwise, for sciences and maths use exercise books.
    HSC 2018: Advanced English, 2U Math, Legal Studies, Society and Culture, Visual Arts

ATAR Goal: 96+

HSC

I used exercise books for Year 11 and I still use them for Year 12. In terms of handouts, I have this massive folder with different tabs for each subject that I bring around with me at school. It does get really fat as you approach the end of the year though.

I like exercise books (especially for maths) since you minimise the chance of accidentally stuffing the order of your notes but I can see why some people think they are better.
    Last edited by captainhelium; 2 Sep 2017 at 12:03 PM.
    2017 HSC

English (Advanced) • Mathematics Extension 1 • Mathematics Extension 2 • Chemistry • Physics • Biology

"If tomorrow isn't the due date, then today isn't the do date"

Thread Information