School Captain Speech Ideas (1 Viewer)

That-Bookish-Girl

HSC
I have to write a speech in order to go for School Captain but have no idea how to approach it. Some people are going for humour and others going for a more formal speech. I just want to be realistic (not change myself for the position) but have no clue how to convey this and still get people to vote for me.
Any ideas and suggestions would be very helpful.

p.s What have you find works in School Captain Speeches (humour, formality, ect.? )

_Anonymous

HSC
If I went to vote for a school captain, I'd pick someone who had 50% humour and 50% formality in their speech. Too much formality in a speech bores people and most people don't pay attention to the person let alone remember the speaker. The successful school captains we had were quite funny but also very formal when needed.

I can't help you with your speech (i.e. how you would incorporate humour in a formal speech), but I'm sure others here can help with that but be yourself (like you mentioned).

Good luck!

Saxophone_Madness

HSC
N/A
have you completed your speech ?
I'm applying for my school in two weeks and I don't know what to write....

OkDen

HSC
Uni Grad
I did my speech a while ago, and I actually got voted in.
I wrote about:
- Former School Captain (Primary)
- School Representative
- Volunteering
- Your Strengths
- Some humour (not too cringe)
- etc
You basically have to sell yourself to the student body.

I agree with this guy:
the best speeches satirize the boring, cliche speeches. two intros I recommend that get a decent number of laughs based on experience:

-"Most of these captain speeches sound the same. They start with a quote, put in a couple of jokes and try ever so terribly to find the balance between inspiration and comedy... This will be no different"

-"Good morning ladies and gentlemen. A great man once said, 'Good Morning ladies and gentlemen'... That great man was me"

-"For those of you who recognize me: mum, dad, jessica alba; thank you for coming, but please wait in the car"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)