What should I drop for Year 12? (1 Viewer)

The1984Proletariat

HSC
Currently I'm doing 12 units for prelims and ranked the following:

Eng Adv (6/53)
Eng Ext (1/5)
SOR1 (1/90)
Mod His (1/21)
Anc His (1/19)
Eco (2/50)
2U Math (42/73)

The workload this year has been incredibly tough and I preferably don't want to continue on with 12 units in HSC.

Also in consideration is picking up either History Extension or Extension 2 English for Year 12.

Obviously looking at ranks Maths seems the clear one to drop but the Math ranks were only reflective of the first exam which I bombed out and got 35%. By the time the second exam came around I bumped up to a 75% and even then I still hadn't studied as hard as I possibly could've. I've even begun to enjoy Math now and find it incredibly interesting, but still struggle with a few concepts and almost constantly devoting time to studying Math at the expense of other subjects occasionally. Also, I really would like to do commerce at Sydney Uni which requires B4 in 2U Math for 2019 (however I can still transfer into commerce after one year).

The only subject I'm entirely sure I'm not dropping would be Modern History. I have heard that doing both histories and extension is almost suicide in terms of content, but I'm reluctant to drop ancient history as it is one of my highest scoring subjects without much effort (it is slightly boring sometimes).

I'm really indecisive so any help or advice for what to drop would be so appreciated. I have to have the subject form given back by 1st week of Term 4.

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
See how previous year cohorts have performed in the external exams? Because if 100% of your maths cohort gets a band 5 or above, that is obviously better then if for example economics, the highest band someone has recently recieved is a band 3.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)