4U intuition vs private tutor (1 Viewer)

redacz

HSC
Hey guys

So I'm going to be doing 4U next term and I was wondering whether I should go to a college or a private tutor. I already do 2 subjects with intuition as well and I am aware it'll be alot of work to do 3. Can I get some advice?

captainhelium

water enthusiast
HSC
Private tuition and colleges both have their pros and cons. To be honest, I was always more of a college person but I also did some private tuition as well for math.

Pros of colleges include:
- You are normally given extensive and thorough theory books which have some useful tips for 4U questions. (I go to Matrix for example and I find their books really good).
- You can compare yourself to other students from selective schools and determine whether you need to work harder or not.

Cons of colleges include:
- There is often a lack of individualized attention when compared to tuition and you will have to keep up or bear with the pace of the class. However, this isn't always the case though depending on what class and teacher you have.
- You don't decide on the order of what to learn. For example, my school was doing Integration for 4U while Matrix was doing Conics.

Pros of private tuition include:
- You get 1-on-1 individualized attention and can ask questions from any topic from wherever.
- Flexibility on what to learn

Cons of private tuition include:
- You can't compare yourself to others in selective schools
- Private tutors sometimes don't have written theory notes for you
- Can be pricey af

Anyways yeah, hope that helped. It's up to your style of learning really. I personally prefer coaching centres for 4U since I like having organised notes and tips(cos I'm too lazy to make my own) but I have heard MANY say that private tuition is better for them due to individualized attention which I understand.

redacz

HSC
Hi thank you so much for your advice and it will definitely be taken into consideration :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)