year 11 economics compared to year 12 (1 Viewer)

Lilabear

HSC
I did quite badly in year 11 for economics, most of my exam marks hovering around the 50-60% range. I'm concerned that I have gaps in my knowledge and am ill prepared for year 12 economics. How beneficial is year 11 knowledge to year 12? Should I revise year 11 content during this holidays or read ahead on year 12?

sida1049

HSC
Year 12 economics is a little different, because it's less theoretical and more focused on current trends in the Australian economy and the global economy. But yeah, it would help to revise a bit of preliminary economics before moving forward.

jjHasm

HSC
Personally, there's hardly any year 11 content that I remember, or even apply in year 12. The more you progress through the course, the more "different" concepts and topics will get (compared to yr11), and as sida1049 said, it is also more focused on current trends in australia and the global economy.

In saying that it'd definitely help if you just skimmed over the VERY basics i.e. supply and demand, opportunity cost, factor and product markets etc. But I reckon the main thing you should do is go ahead with the earlier chapters, they really aren't that hard (Free Trade, economic development, globalisation) - first topic of the syllabus.

Don't worry at all about your performance in yr11. As long as you are consistent in yr12, these gaps in knowledge won't even matter. Key word - consistent.

Martin_SSEDU

HSC
Personally, there's hardly any year 11 content that I remember, or even apply in year 12. The more you progress through the course, the more "different" concepts and topics will get (compared to yr11), and as sida1049 said, it is also more focused on current trends in australia and the global economy.

In saying that it'd definitely help if you just skimmed over the VERY basics i.e. supply and demand, opportunity cost, factor and product markets etc. But I reckon the main thing you should do is go ahead with the earlier chapters, they really aren't that hard (Free Trade, economic development, globalisation) - first topic of the syllabus.

Don't worry at all about your performance in yr11. As long as you are consistent in yr12, these gaps in knowledge won't even matter. Key word - consistent.
Agreed, in fact I think focusing from day 1 in Year 12 is the most important thing, I was top 5 in year 11 and I messed up my first exam because of over confidence and was ranked near the bottom end, so there's an analogy that should inspire you ^^

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)