Should I take up a sport in year 12? (1 Viewer)

Elijahryan

HSC
My goal is to get an ATAR of 90+

Subjects: 4 unit maths, physics, chemistry, ancient history and english advanced

Would it be a good idea to pick up a sport?

spaghettii

HSC
Uni Grad
Definitely

Sports are a good way of releasing the stress that school will inevitably build up, plus its a good way to learn skills and meet new people

Robbie M

HSC
Yeah i would highly recommend picking up or continuing a sport during yr 12, it improves your physical and mental health while giving you an active way of taking a break from study.

jazz519

HSC
Uni Grad
If you're already playing one then continue it but if you're not, try to do something with a friend group like indoor soccer because for that there isn't like any training (unless your team wants to) so you save some time but still have the benefit of playing a sport as it is just a 30 minute game a week.

If you don't want to like pay for that stuff you could always just go for a run in the park

Elijahryan

HSC
Thanks guys, I was thinking of picking up soccer! Thanks for all of the responses.

shumphrey

HSC
Depends, dropped out of my sport (still exercise though) and miss the social side but I dont have a car and probably couldnt have afforded travelling all around sydney for training at 9-10pm on thursday/friday night and at varying times on sunday. I probably should have kept it but at least i kept on exercising.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)