Thread: Some confusion

Cadet
    HSC

Some confusion

For subjects like physics, chemistry and biology, is there any point in doing the exercise questions? or should I just go straight to past papers?

Much thanks

HSC

Re: Some confusion

Depends on what textbook ur using as some of them have good questions while others are useless. But yeah doing the past papers is probably better if you're unsure
    For Cheap High Quality Notes & Essays + Free Technique Sheet: http://community.boredofstudies.org/...-bus-94-a.html

2015 - Maths: (96)
    2016 - Eng. Adv. (97) | Chem (93) | Maths (98) | 3U Math (48) | Physics (94) | Business Studies (94)
    Atar: 99.7 Dux

2017 - UNSW Adv. Science (AAA scholarship & The Late Stephen Robjohns Science Scholarship)

Cadet
    HSC

Exercise questions are good for working on areas of particular weakness, but past papers are good for improving general knowledge and exam technique.

Cadet
    HSC

Quote Originally Posted by jazz519 View Post
    Depends on what textbook ur using as some of them have good questions while others are useless. But yeah doing the past papers is probably better if you're unsure
    Well for physics I was thinking on doing the questions in the Jacaranda textbook and for chemistry i was thinking to do the conquering chemistry textbook questions, are they any good?

HSC

Quote Originally Posted by mkv_86 View Post
    Well for physics I was thinking on doing the questions in the Jacaranda textbook and for chemistry i was thinking to do the conquering chemistry textbook questions, are they any good?
    The conquering chemistry questions are decent, but for jacaranda I don't think it has any solutions to the questions where you have to write answers (only has answers to calculations which even still are just the number and no working)
    For Cheap High Quality Notes & Essays + Free Technique Sheet: http://community.boredofstudies.org/...-bus-94-a.html

2015 - Maths: (96)
    2016 - Eng. Adv. (97) | Chem (93) | Maths (98) | 3U Math (48) | Physics (94) | Business Studies (94)
    Atar: 99.7 Dux

2017 - UNSW Adv. Science (AAA scholarship & The Late Stephen Robjohns Science Scholarship)

Thread Information