Dropping business or economics? (1 Viewer)

kia64

HSC
I am currently at a crossroads as to whether I should drop business or economics. In terms of results and rankings, I ranked 2nd for both courses, attaining approx. 85% for both. I suppose I did decently considering my lackadaisical attitude towards study. However, I know I could've done much better in both courses if I had fully applied myself to my studies. In spite of my reluctance to exert myself entirely, I enjoyed the content in both courses. Judging from the HSC syllabus for the two courses, I believe I will to the likes of the prelim course, enjoy them both. I also decided to pick up extension history, giving me an extra unit.

I am currently doing 13 units and the subjects below:
- Modern History (Cohort of 25)
- History Extension (Cohort of 15)
- Business Studies (Cohort of 50 something)
- English Advanced (Cohort of 40 something)
- English Extension 1 (Cohort of 5)
- General Maths (Cohort of 80 something)
- Economics (Cohort of 10)
- SOR 1 (Cohort of 100+, compulsory, can be dropped to Catholic Studies)

As I do not consider dropping extension english, extension history or general maths (unless convinced otherwise) an option, I have therefore been left in this dilemma, in which I must decide to drop either business or economics...

All opinions, thoughts and potential solutions are greatly appreciated! :smile:

Last edited:

Karldahemster

Student
HSC
I am currently at a crossroads as to whether I should drop business or economics. In terms of results and rankings, I ranked 2nd for both courses, attaining approx. 85% for both. I suppose I did decently considering my lackadaisical attitude towards study. However, I know I could've done much better in both courses if I had fully applied myself to my studies. In spite of my reluctance to exert myself entirely, I enjoyed the content in both courses. Judging from the HSC syllabus for the two courses, I believe I will to the likes of the prelim course, enjoy them both. I also decided to pick up extension history, giving me an extra unit.

I am currently doing 13 units and the subjects below:
- Modern History (Cohort of 25)
- History Extension (Cohort of 15)
- Business Studies (Cohort of 50 something)
- English Advanced (Cohort of 40 something)
- English Extension 1 (Cohort of 5)
- General Maths (Cohort of 80 something)
- Economics (Cohort of 10)
- SOR 1 (Cohort of 100+, compulsory, can be dropped to Catholic Studies)

As I do not consider dropping extension english, extension history or general maths (unless convinced otherwise) an option, I have therefore been left in this dilemma, in which I must decide to drop either business or economics...

All opinions, thoughts and potential solutions are greatly appreciated! :smile:
I was in a similar position a for weeks back. Pick the one you enjoy most or will need later on in life. For me that was economics.

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
* Look at previous cohort performance in the HSC
* Consider teacher quality
* What do you want to do in the future?
* Economics scales better then Business Studies
* ATAR aim
* Potentially wait until you get your rankings back for first assessment

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)