Confused soon-to-be Year 11? (1 Viewer)

KingTings

HSC
Hey Guys. Pretty excited for year 11 and 12 though i have no clue what to expect. I was wondering how to study through syllabus (i.e how to find questions, key points to study from and how to answer them).
The subjects I'm pursuing are:
- EE1
- Advanced Maths
- Physics
- Chemistry
- Economics
- Business Studies.

Side Question, is there anyone doing/has done the same subjects as me??

HSC
Hi!

Looking through the syllabus and familiarising yourself with the structure and layout is the first thing to do. All of the topics you will be learning are written out in the syllabus (unless your subjects require different selections such as text choices in english).

You can't really find questions in the syllabus until you have gone through it in class. Then, if you find something you're unclear on, you can ask the teacher or a friend.

In terms of studying from the syllabus, if you are comfortable with studying ahead then that is good! You can start by making notes in advance by looking at the topics you will be learning. Having notes early on make it easy for you and when you go throughout the year, you can improve on the notes or cut down (because you won't want to be reading pages and pages of notes when preparing for exams).

Finding key points in the syllabus is hard. You need to know everything for the exam so there is no point prioritising one topic over the other. But your teacher may tell you one particular topic is focused on.

Good luck! Feel free to message me if you have any other questions.

horse9996

HSC
The syllabus is basically a list of everything you can be tested on for a subject. For making your notes, structure them under the key syllabus headings, including experiments and stuff for sciences. Basically creating syllabus based notes during the year (I do each weekend) really helps during exam times so you can focus on past papers and study rather than creating notes

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)