Preparing for Year 11 + 12 (1 Viewer)

feedmemore

HSC
Hi BoS

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year Everyone. So happy I completed Year 10. Now its the holidays and now a bit concerned in starting Year 11 and 12. Pretty much this thread says it all. How should I prep for years 11 and 12 as I am not sure where to start? Any tips? Some guidance would be appreciated. Now Subjects Im doing are
- 3U maths
- Advanced English
- SOR 1
- Business Studies
-Economics

Also any recommendations on any books, guides, notes to get for these subjects. As you all know am on a student budget atm so don't want to waste money on unneccesary resources.

Please pm me too if you like or if you're selling anything.

Thxs all

Frostguard

HSC
Hey feed!!! joined in Year 7 woahhhhhhhhhh i dont remember what i was doing in yr 7 other than be unnecessarily stressing imao
Ok so basically your subjects are very much content-based, that is essay writing type styled with lots of memorisation and rote learning (except 3U maths because it's maths lol) I suggest you make notes regularly, whether its typed/written/someone else's lol (preferably make your own so you have better memory retention), so you don't crumble under all the content and to keep yourself organised. Make sure to brush up on your essay writing skills, because you're going to need them in SOR, BUS and ECO, make notes, like I said before into sections to make it easier for you. Perhaps the best advice to test yourself whether it be right before an exam or you have difficulty understanding a concept, take a past paper (there's tons online but thsc is a good one!!!)
English you might have trouble with because of the new syllabus but all of you will be suffering together, as for the others, just read through/attempt past papers in exam conditions and yeah that's basically it
As for books, I don't any sorry... although for Economics, the Tim Riley ones are good!!
Good Luck!!!! :)

supR

Trials are the best
HSC
Uni Grad
3u Maths
I recommend that you KEEP ON TOP OF YOUR HOMEWORK at all times --> This will prevent you from falling behind
Additionally, make a summary book or document of all the algebraic expressions and equations that you will need for an exam

Economics
This subject is quite content heavy, but it requires understanding as well as memorisation.
Make a set of complete and comprehensive notes from which you can pick out the crucial parts that are necessary for a b5-b6 answer. Additionally, add current data and statistics wherever possible to enhance your answers.
Practice makes perfect, and this applies heavily to maths as well - Be consistent in your study and don't save it to the last weeks before an assessment.

Best of luck :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)