Difference between memorising and understanding content. (1 Viewer)

Gooodby

HSC
Hi all,
Any suggestions on how I can strengthen my understanding of content rather than just memorising and knowing definitions.

Gooodby

HSC
Thank you for your suggestions! Will take them into consideration.

captainhelium

water enthusiast
HSC
Hi all,
Any suggestions on how I can strengthen my understanding of content rather than just memorising and knowing definitions.
That's a really interesting and good question. In my opinion some of the best ways to improve your understanding of content is to:

- Do plenty of practice papers or questions
- Write notes for the subject in your own words (this prevents you from just memorising the textbooks and allows you to express ideas or content in your own style in exams)

Also, don't be afraid to ask questions to any teacher or tutor. When you try to understanding something, there may be a moment when you want to clarify a particular topic or maybe ask extra info. Doing this will really strengthen your understanding of topics in my opinion.

But to be honest, methods of understanding stuff really depends on the individual. See what works best for you! The above strategies were what I did during my HSC and they might not work for everyone haha.

Good luck!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)