Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
Like Tree47Likes

Thread: 2019s Prelim HSC Chit Chat Thread

HSC

Re: ✨✨2019 HSC Students Discussion Thread✨✨

Quote Originally Posted by TeheeCat View Post
    Oh yes! Let's get this started.

What is everyone's subjects, ATAR aim and dream courses/universities? I shall start.

My subjects for year 12
    English Advanced
    Mathematics Extension 1
    Physics
    Economics
    Business studies

Dropped modern history lol

ATAR aim: 90+

Dream courses: Truthfully I haven't thought too much about this. Same with universities.

How about you guys?
    Literally the exact same subjects except extension math (wish I chose it tbh). Aiming for B. Commerce at UNSW, probs majoring in finance but I still have a year to find out. Really wanting a 93+ in terms of ATAR!
    Prelim 2018 - HSC 2019
    - English Advanced - Advanced Maths - Physics - Economics - Business Studies -
    ATAR Aim: 96.5+
    Desired Course: B.Commerce (Finance) @ UNSW

HSC
    N/A

Re: 2019s Prelim HSC Chit Chat Thread

4U Mathematics
    4U English
    Chem

HSC

WAIT, do people actually study these holidays???
    I have done absolutely NOTHING as i have been told a million times that these are our last 'real' holidays.
    Not looking forward to starting year 12 but excited to be closer to finishing school.
    wassupitsmeyy likes this.

HSC

Quote Originally Posted by TeheeCat View Post
    Oh yes! Let's get this started.

What is everyone's subjects, ATAR aim and dream courses/universities? I shall start.

My Subjects for Year 12:
    English Advanced
    Mathematics Extension 1
    Physics
    Economics
    Business studies

Dropped modern history lol

ATAR aim: 90+

Dream courses: Truthfully I haven't thought too much about this. Same with universities.

How about you guys?
    My Subjects for Year 12
    English Adv
    Mathematics (2U)
    SOR 2
    Physics
    Business Studies
    Multimedia (Industrial Technology)

Haven't dropped any of my subjects

ATAR Aim: 95+, but will be glad with a 90+ too (still gonna do my best though!)

Dream courses: Not entirely sure with what career I would see myself doing. However, I am quite interested with UNSW and their Engineering/Physics related courses. On the side, I also do wish to establish some sort of e-Business for my multimedia endeavours :P.

Best of luck for all new Year 12 students! (And also current HSC students soon to be undergoing their exams, we love youse all - good luck!).
    Last edited by Milo_; 11 Oct 2018 at 7:22 PM.

HSC

Quote Originally Posted by helllo View Post
    WAIT, do people actually study these holidays???
    I have done absolutely NOTHING as i have been told a million times that these are our last 'real' holidays.
    Not looking forward to starting year 12 but excited to be closer to finishing school.
    Yeahh when I had these holidays we had some pre-homework I guess for some subjects but also did 1st module for bio I think?? I can't really remember rip my memory xD
    wassupitsmeyy likes this.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buy my books/notes cheaply here!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Uni Course: Actuarial Studies and Statistics at MQ -- PM me if you have questions

2017 HSC Subjects: Eng Adv / 3u+4u Maths / Bio /Phys
    ATAR: 99.75

Cadet
    HSC
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu975 View Post
    Yeahh when I had these holidays we had some pre-homework I guess for some subjects but also did 1st module for bio I think?? I can't really remember rip my memory xD
    Hey! do you remember how long it took you to finish Mod 1 of Bio? And also did u study for English?

HSC

Guess I'll join in.

4U English
    3U Math
    3U Music
    Chem

Hope everyone is having a great holiday! Back to school on Monday...
    pikachu975 and TeheeCat like this.

HSC

Quote Originally Posted by wassupitsmeyy View Post
    Hey! do you remember how long it took you to finish Mod 1 of Bio? And also did u study for English?
    Umm watched my mod A film because we had to watch it and take notes for homework and also some other homework which I forgot... and mod 1 bio probably took a while because I bludged so much

Buy my books/notes cheaply here!

Uni Course: Actuarial Studies and Statistics at MQ -- PM me if you have questions

2017 HSC Subjects: Eng Adv / 3u+4u Maths / Bio /Phys
    ATAR: 99.75

The pessimistic optimist. BLIT2014's Avatar
    HSC
    Uni Grad

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu975 View Post
    Think I had pre-homework for maths as we didn't finish part of the content but other then that didn't do study in the holidays between years 11 and 12.
    l’appel du vide

Got 1-2 minutes ? Please do my survey :P https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/8ZPYZSD
    Moderator of Macquarie University

Cadet
    HSC

Quote Originally Posted by KingTings View Post
    Literally the exact same subjects except extension math (wish I chose it tbh). Aiming for B. Commerce at UNSW, probs majoring in finance but I still have a year to find out. Really wanting a 93+ in terms of ATAR!
    Wow.. we must be twins :')

I was actually considering a Bachelor of Commerce course too HAHHAAH~ Unsure which uni has the best commerce course though.

I'm pretty 2U mathematics is enough for most financial courses!
    KingTings likes this.

Cadet
    HSC
    N/A

I'm graduating from that degree next year

Cadet
    HSC

Quote Originally Posted by ConquerHSC View Post
    I'm graduating from that degree next year
    That's cool! What university do you go to? Are there any practical works or it's all theory?
    ~HSC Class of 2019~

Subjects: English Advanced 3U Maths Physics Economics Business Studies

ATAR Aim: 90+

HSC

Pupil free day at my school, took the opportunity to go to a signing yesterday, since I always panic whenever it's legit a day before school when it comes to holidays.
    Also aiming for a 95 since it seems UNSW won't stop increasing their ATAR cut-offs for engineering. Course I really want to do is Materials Science & Engineering.

HSC

Quote Originally Posted by KingTings View Post

Same course goal here, but I'm kind interested in UNSW's co-op in banking and finance, then do a post-grad CPA or MBA. In terms of atar aim, I could honestly get 99.5+ with my year 11 marks and do comm-law (which is what i wanted to do since like year 7), but messed up LAT this year so my confidence took a huge beating. I think i'm settling for a lower atar course just so I don't feel like a complete failure at the end of year 12. Just wondering, does the university you go to matter, or is the course more important??

I'm doing eco, legal, history ext., ancient history, SAC (probs gonna drop), English ext. 1, maths advanced btw

HSC
    Uni Grad

Quote Originally Posted by Abiya05 View Post
    Same course goal here, but I'm kind interested in UNSW's co-op in banking and finance, then do a post-grad CPA or MBA. In terms of atar aim, I could honestly get 99.5+ with my year 11 marks and do comm-law (which is what i wanted to do since like year 7), but messed up LAT this year so my confidence took a huge beating. I think i'm settling for a lower atar course just so I don't feel like a complete failure at the end of year 12. Just wondering, does the university you go to matter, or is the course more important??

I'm doing eco, legal, history ext., ancient history, SAC (probs gonna drop), English ext. 1, maths advanced btw
    If you are looking to do the CPA, then majoring in Accounting would be beneficial.

"If you have studied an accounting-related degree, you will likely go straight into the CPA Program. In some cases, you may need to complete further studies. The diagram below outlines program elements:"
    https://www.cpaaustralia.com.au/become-a-cpa

You will not be able to commence the CPA straight away if you are doing a non-accounting degree which you should consider.
    l’appel du vide

Sleep Deprived Entity RivalryofTroll's Avatar
    HSC
    N/A

Note that UNSW Combined Law doesn't have the fixed ATAR requirement anymore since the introduction of LAT. The 99.5+ requirement applies to USYD's Combined Law degree. And if you're actually interested in doing Commerce/Law at UNSW, do give the LAT another shot! (That being said, UNSW Finance Co-op is amazing and I know people who've even dropped Law to transfer into it)
    “We must all suffer from one of two pains: the pain of discipline or the pain of regret. The difference is discipline weighs ounces while regret weighs tons.”
    – Jim Rohn

HSC

Quote Originally Posted by BLIT2014 View Post
    If you are looking to do the CPA, then majoring in Accounting would be beneficial.

"If you have studied an accounting-related degree, you will likely go straight into the CPA Program. In some cases, you may need to complete further studies. The diagram below outlines program elements:"
    https://www.cpaaustralia.com.au/become-a-cpa

You will not be able to commence the CPA straight away if you are doing a non-accounting degree which you should consider.

I've definately considered that, and looked into the accounting and business management co-op as well which is what i would need to do for a CPA. just a little unsure of what my chances of even being considered would be, since i'm not super great at maths, but willing to put in the hard work. I've asked around before and accounting doesn't seem to have a very complex level of maths (i've been told its just calculators and some forumals). Is there a specific band or mark they would look for in maths to consider you for the co-op?

HSC
    Uni Grad

I've definately considered that, and looked into the accounting and business management co-op as well which is what i would need to do for a CPA. just a little unsure of what my chances of even being considered would be, since i'm not super great at maths, but willing to put in the hard work. I've asked around before and accounting doesn't seem to have a very complex level of maths (i've been told its just calculators and some forumals). Is there a specific band or mark they would look for in maths to consider you for the co-op?
    I am not 100% sure but I do not think they look for a specific mark or band for mathematics, more so the ATAR and other factors.

You should be fine with 2 unit mathematics for accounting.
    l’appel du vide

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread Information