Thread: Stationery/Organisation for Notes, Work and Sheets... (Year 11)

HSC

Exclamation Stationery/Organisation for Notes, Work and Sheets... (Year 11)

Hey everyone! Long-time lurker, first time poster; I wish to ask you guys on what is the best way to sort study and school notes, etc.

My subjects for Year 11 2018 are:

- Mathematics (2 unit)
    - SOR II
    - English Advanced
    - Physics
    - Business Studies
    - Multimedia

Here is what I am thinking about for organising:

1) Each subject (with maybe the exception of Multimedia), will have a binder, each having dividers that display the different topics for each subject. For example, Math binder will contain 4 tabs of different topics with sheets of notes and such for appropriate topics.

2) For Maths, I got myself a 100 page journal/notepad that will contain formulas and minor details for different topics for ease of revision.

....That's all I got (aha)

I am having trouble on how I should handle exercise books/loose leafs and such. All I am asking is that someone who has had a successful method of organising school work in year 11/12 can please show me the way (no meme intended)

Thank you, appreciate it in advance!

- Milo

Cadet
    HSC
    Uni Grad

Re: Stationery/Organisation for Notes, Work and Sheets... (Year 11)

Hi there,
    I finished the HSC last year and got 97 in Business using a binder which I found very useful in business because a good chunk of the work is notes, also in writing your notes, I recommend you make lots of acronyms and write them on the same page as you write your notes to remember them as you are making your notes. This may also be of use for for SOR. For maths I also had a formula book but for questions I just used several exercise books as in a year I would use several hundreds of pages for doing maths question so a binder wasn't really going to work, (though I was doing 3U). I didn't do physics or multimedia so I can't really be helpful with those and English notes were just details about the texts which I often took as notes inside the actual texts and if I needed to do anything further I'd just do it on the computer as thats where I planned all my essays like most people. Hope this helps.

HSC

Hey! Thanks for replying, and did help out . Got some feedback from one of my teachers and she said that bring a folder/binder to school containing dividers for each subject with the designated work (and plastic sleeves for sheets).

End of topics or every couple of weeks, require me to empty my folder and have them placed to binders that I have at home (which I mentioned earlier).

I think this is solid, any other suggestions guys?

The pessimistic optimist. BLIT2014's Avatar
    HSC
    Uni Grad

Hi Milo,

For Mathematics it may be helpful to have a notebook for "theory/worked examples" and gridebooks for the "practical/classwork".

For the rest of your subjects I'd recommend that you do binders that are for hand out (keep at home).
    For most of your subjects it is also advisable to print out the syllabuses for each of your subjects (HSC business studies will require you to rote learn the order/structure of the dot points to maximise marks).

As the binders can get quite heavy overtime, it may be worth having a display folder or something that you can use to transport any sheets that you need for class that day (and for transportation of sheets home).
    Maths is not a subject, it's a lifestyle choice
    - snipez264

Got 1-2 minutes ? Please do my survey :P https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/8ZPYZSD
    Moderator of Macquarie University

HSC

Hey BLIT; appreciate the response! Feeling much more confident

HSC

I used an exercise book for maths questions or blank paper (you dont need lines)
    I also used a small binder for lined paper for phys, chem, eng, eco and then emptied these into bigger subject specific folders at home
    HSC 2018

Maths Ext 1 - Maths Ext 2 - English Adv - Physics - Chemistry

ATAR Goal - 99.00 - B Laws at UTS

HSC

For school I just bought mid sized malleuable binders w/ loose leaf paper and plastic sleeves for each subject. I split the binders up in 3 categories, Handouts, Classwork and Study Notes. I'm then going to re-type everything on my laptop to gain decent memory.
    Prelim 2018 - HSC 2019
    - English Advanced - Advanced Maths - Physics - Economics - Business Studies -
    ATAR Aim: 96.5+
    Desired Course: B.Commerce (Finance) @ UNSW

Thread Information