Studying/HW for year 11 (1 Viewer)

patrickjames

HSC
Hey,
I've just been through my first 5 or 6 days of year 11 and I'm already finding it difficult to stay on task, at home and school. This has been a massive problem for most of my schooling and is quite noticeable as well when I am at home. I thought I could counter it by being extra organised this year and trying to organise my life better but instead I've just found that I'm procrastinating and hopping between things like youtube, fb, sc and all that stuff, as well as doing random activities around my roon like moving stuff around.
I was wondering if anyone had an tips or ideas or opinions to help as I don't think I'll be able to do very well if this keeps happening.
Thanks,
Patrick

KingTings

HSC
Try restrict the amount of distractions you have laying around your room. You can even get your family to help by hiding distractions until you have finished the required work/study.

jjuunnee

HSC
Try doing your work at a library. Especially when there's a few students around, you're more likely to feel 'pressured' to do your work since everyone around you is doing work...idk works for me. Also, I'm pretty sure there's this software thingy you can get on your laptop that temporarily blocks certain sites for a certain period of time- maybe try that

Nozeltov

HSC
I sometimes use an app call Self Control, download it and you add websites to a 'blacklist' and then you set a time period. Until the time runs out you are unable to access those websites, even if you delete the app and/or restart your computer. I set it for 30 minutes most of the time.

Dunno if its available on phone, highly doubt it, but what you can do is just chuck your phone in the furthest room from where you study so its a trek to get it. If you keep failing that give it to a sibling or parent and they keep it until dinner or a certain time etc.

Have fun, its only week 1, we're all still getting used to it :)

tazhossain99

HSC
Motivate yourself. Where do you want to be post HSC? What is your 'Dream Course'? These questions should be revolving around your mind subconsciously during the course of your Prelim and HSC study.

Don't think Prelim and HSC is just about work, though. You can still have fun and procrastinate a LITTLE bit (a minimised amount, however).

GL

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)