HSC
Probably economics since you're already doing two sciences

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Consider:

i) Interest
ii) Teacher Quality (Are they/other teachers teaching the subject an HSC marker for example??)
iii) Previous cohorts performance in HSC (Check topscores.net for number of band 6s for previous years)
iv) What you want to study at University

xiaren

HSC
Can relate to this since I had this same dilemma; I was literally still torn the morning that I had to hand in the form (ended up choosing bio). I'd recommend reading through the syllabus dotpoints for both subjects and seeing if one interests you more in terms of content. Don't think that there's a substantial enough difference in scaling or "ease" to justify picking one or the other just for that reason.

captainhelium

water enthusiast
HSC
Depends on what you think is more interesting. Economics does usually scale a bit better than Biology but I would recommend picking something that you would enjoy rather than scaling since you'll be more motivated to study the more enjoyable subject and probably do better.

Biology is heavy on the rote learning though but I personally found the stuff on the human body really interesting. Also, you probably won't be required to write essay responses in Biology whereas in Economics I think you do. I didn't do Economics so I can't give much insight on it unfortunately.

Maybe have a read of the syllabus like others have said and see which one interests you the most.

KingTings

HSC
I'd definitely opt for Economics. Seems like you have already made your mind though. Best of luck! We're In this ride together aha

darkk_blu

HSC
Economics has WAY better scaling and its probably more interesting to learn about how money flows around the world than dissect a frog liver. I'm probably biased because I puked after our class had to dissect a frog. You should also consider than economics has a few problems that require a little bit of basic math but very intuitive, in contrast, you are going to have to write 2 extended responses for your trials and HSC worth at least 40% of your marks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)