Thread: Advice?

HSC

Advice?

I would like to ask, which one is more challenging... SOR2 or Extension English?

HSC

Re: Advice?

and/or doable

HSC

I mean I don't do either but I think EEX1/2 would be a lot more challenging than SOR2 because from what I've heard, SOR 2 is pretty much a rote learning or subject based off memorisation and putting that content into essays and short answers, all that sort of stuff. EEX1 would obviously go beyond rote learning/memorisation, I mean yeah you can remember essays but you will not perform well if you do not understand the level of depth or critical thinking required within EEX1 and it's probably best if you enjoy English, like I mean enjoy English and would be great if you performed well in English too. It's a lot of work for a 1 unit subject but it's rewarding if done well, has pretty good scaling and the classes are generally very small (only a couple of kids in my school do it) so everyone knows each other well and gets along with the teacher.
    I spend too much time on this website

HSC 2018!!

English Advanced Genny Maths Biology Legal Studies Modern History Economics History Extension

HSC

extension english is definitely more challenging, SOR2 is very predictable if you know your syllabus well whereas ext is a lot more ambiguous - both are very doable tho

Cadet
    HSC
    Uni Grad

Extension English is more challenging, if you know what you're doing SORII is quite easy.
    HSC 2017 - 99.85 Business Studies (97) Modern History (96) SORII (96) English Advanced (95) Economics (94) Mathematics Extension I (47) Mathematics (94)

Executive Member
    HSC

3u English is more challenging, but definitely more fun. You focus on one module in a lot of detail, so it's a bit of a hit or miss if you like the topic or not. Definitely do it since it gives u a chance to do 4u English, allowing u to drop other subjects.

HSC
    Uni Grad

Quote Originally Posted by si2136 View Post
    3u English is more challenging, but definitely more fun.
    'fun' is a bit subjective

but yeah 3u eng involves quite a bit of understanding concepts and a lot of work for a 1 unit course (and it's also a subject that is easily forgotten/abandoned when cramming for trials or externals so be careful)

UTS BIT 2018

Cadet
    HSC

EE1 is a lot more fun than Advanced English, they give you a lot more freedom in what you do and what you put in your essays and creatives i.e. they don't force ideas on you all the time

Thread Information