Advice? (1 Viewer)

ahhhwow

HSC
I would like to ask, which one is more challenging... SOR2 or Extension English?

Frostguard

HSC
I mean I don't do either but I think EEX1/2 would be a lot more challenging than SOR2 because from what I've heard, SOR 2 is pretty much a rote learning or subject based off memorisation and putting that content into essays and short answers, all that sort of stuff. EEX1 would obviously go beyond rote learning/memorisation, I mean yeah you can remember essays but you will not perform well if you do not understand the level of depth or critical thinking required within EEX1 and it's probably best if you enjoy English, like I mean enjoy English and would be great if you performed well in English too. It's a lot of work for a 1 unit subject but it's rewarding if done well, has pretty good scaling and the classes are generally very small (only a couple of kids in my school do it) so everyone knows each other well and gets along with the teacher.

daeny

HSC
extension english is definitely more challenging, SOR2 is very predictable if you know your syllabus well whereas ext is a lot more ambiguous - both are very doable tho

phat_tar

HSC
Uni Grad
Extension English is more challenging, if you know what you're doing SORII is quite easy.

30june2016

HSC
Uni Grad
3u English is more challenging, but definitely more fun.
'fun' is a bit subjective

but yeah 3u eng involves quite a bit of understanding concepts and a lot of work for a 1 unit course (and it's also a subject that is easily forgotten/abandoned when cramming for trials or externals so be careful)

darkk_blu

HSC
EE1 is a lot more fun than Advanced English, they give you a lot more freedom in what you do and what you put in your essays and creatives i.e. they don't force ideas on you all the time

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)