Is Dr DU good? (1 Viewer)

Aviator_13

HSC
I'm not sure what tutoring place I should go for ext 1 maths? Im thinking of going Dr Du.
Any help would be much appreciated :)

fan96

617 pages
HSC
Uni Grad
Pretty much everybody in my year goes to Dr Du. I see his homework booklets all the time in English class and in the library. So I guess he must be doing something right.

fluffchuck

HSC
I haven't been to Dr Du before, so I can't say anything about them. However, if you live near Fairfield/Parramatta, you may consider going to Ngo & Sons. They teach extension 1 mathematics really well :)

30june2016

HSC
Uni Grad
dr du is alright if you like spending half the lesson writing down notes from the board

and $$$$$$$$
and lots of hw

:D

aoc

HSC
In my opinion, i dont think Dr Du is worth it if you dont consider your self strong at independent learning and learning at a fast rate with minimal chances for questions or personalized help. The main reason people go to Dr Du is to compete with other people from high ranking selective schools and to make sure you are at their level. Its also worth going if you think you arent being challenged enough by your school and want tougher questions/want to accelerate ahead of your school. If you think this does not sound like its for you i think private tutoring is your best bet.

dan964

what
HSC
Uni Grad
maths faculty at my school and I think science faculty both get annoyed at Dr Du tutoring.

30june2016

HSC
Uni Grad
Same my maths and science faculty was really iffy about it bc people blatantly take out their Dr Du homework in class and work on that instead of paying attention

imt_scud

HSC
Hey! I graduated high school this year and was a du student (A2 yr 11, A3 yr 12) and I want to say that du isnt the type of thing for everyone. For me, it magically helped me from failing a year 11 3u test to almost getting full marks in the hsc, yes, it is really useful if you are 'mathematically talented' and willing to put in hours of hard work doing their hw, however I kind of ignored my schools math work (we used mif) and teachers will hate you for it. Thing to say is tho, if you cant get into the As, there really is no point going. Try your best in the entrance test note i got 67 and was placed A2, i heard roughly 40-50 is A3 so good luck :)

MinaSaw

HSC
Definitely worth it 100% only If you pay close attention and do the homework, if you're planning to be lazy and take the homework and store it don't bother. Good luck

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)