How do you keep all your notes organised? (1 Viewer)

izzo

HSC
Hello Everyone!

So recently just started my preliminary year and i felt like i've been so unorganised with my notes all in one big binder with all 6 subjects, basically it just looks really messy and im one of those people who needs to have everything looking neat and organised haha it honestly really makes me lose motivation to study alot more than i should be doing, (i know i'm weird)

Any tips? How do you keep all your notes organised?

amie0401

HSC
I'm not sure if this will help, but I've been testing out different methods over the years so here's what I've tried so far:

Year 7: Having an exercise book per subject and then sticking in handouts. This was an alright method, but did require me to spend time in class gluing in worksheets which, if your teacher gives you a bunch of worksheets, can be a pain to glue in. It also meant I ran out of pages in my exercise book pretty quickly.

Year 8: Having 1 folder and 1 exercise book per subject. I'd say this one works pretty well since you can just put worksheets and handouts into the folder and write down notes in your book. But it means by the end of the year, you will have a massive collection of books and folders, so if you plan on keeping all your notes this one might not be the most space-saving method.

Year 9: Having 1 binder for all of my subjects (which is what you did), pretty much the worst organisation method I had, it got so messy and I had to carry that binder to every single period which sucked.

Year 10: Having 1 binder per subject, and then inside the binder there is an exercise book, a handful of plastic sleeves for handouts and one of those hole punches that you can clip into your binders (you can get those at officeworks). I liked this method because it meant it was easy to find what I needed for each subject so I didn't need to wait at my locker for too long between periods trying to find what I need, and it meant that everything I needed for each subject was all organised into one binder.

Year 11: This year, I'm trying to incorporate my computer more into my notes because a lot of the work we do is on the computer. I think it really depends on how much your school relies on the use of laptops. I've organised all of my folders on my computer (a year 11 folder, and then within that folder there is a folder for each subject, and then within each subject folder there are 4 folders for each term. This is the method I've used to organise my school computer notes ever since I got a laptop and it's honestly the best! It actually makes me feel really organised haha). There are some subjects which the teacher requires us to hand write our notes, so for those subjects I just bring an exercise book. For every subject I have a folder for worksheets and handouts. I actually purchased textbooks this year so if you don't like carrying exercise books, folders, textbooks, binders, etc. around school, then putting your notes on your laptop is really helpful.

I'm not sure if this helps but I hope it does! Make sure you get back to me and tell me which one you chose, or if you decided to do a completely different one that's not here then I would love to know because I'm still testing out different methods :)

supR

Trials are the best
HSC
Uni Grad
I use a binder at school with tabs for each of my subjects. I write stuff using lined loose leaf paper
On the weekend, I sort this stuff into separate binders for each of my subjects, so keep my school folder from filling up
I specifically use 128 page exercise books for Maths subjects however as I find it easier --> May move to using a spiral bound book for maths instead as though look very good as well

HSC
Going into senior years in high school meant a lot more note taking so I just ended up putting everything on my laptop (and making sure to back up). I would arrange my notes on a word document by topics so when i printed out notes to study for exams, it was a lot more easier and faster.

If you want to keep on using the binder technique, maybe get smaller binders for each of your subjects. Personally i prefer the sleeve folders because binders really irritate me sometimes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)