How much effort do I put into a subject I'm dropping for Year 12??? (1 Viewer)

laurenhtang

HSC
Hey,

So I've decided to drop biology for year 12 next year (it's an interesting subject but I personally don't enjoy it), and my friends tell me now I don't need to bother putting in effort (studying, doing classwork and homework etc.) I was wondering, would not putting in much effort affect my overall ATAR or other important gradings?? And if it does how much effort do I need to put in? Bc I seriously can't be bothered lmao.

I know it will negatively impact my school report but I'm not too worried about it, I'm just worried about the impact on a larger scale.

I do well in all my other subjects but Biology is just not my cup of tea. There is way too much content for me to keep up with along with my other subjects. And currently in bio, we're learning topics that prepare us for research and in-depth tasks for year 12, so basically everything right now is just for Year 12 and since I'm dropping... yeah i haven't bothered.

If someone who has been in my situation can enlighten me on what I should do in terms of effort and how it will affect my overall grades, it would bc hugely appreciated.

fan96

617 pages
HSC
Uni Grad
If you don't do any of the work your teacher may give you an N-award and you may eventually fail the subject, which will prevent you from being able to start the HSC course, as you need 12 preliminary HSC units completed.

If you're 100% sure you're dropping it, just do the minimum amount of work necessary.

laurenhtang

HSC
Wow I had no idea N-awards even existed. Thanks for letting me know. What exactly are they anyways?

jjuunnee

HSC
you get them when you fail to show up to class, do homework, do assessments, etc

dontbeasavage

HSC
I think you need to put effort in order to get the subjects you want. Im in the same vote i do bio but to drop it it depends if you like to memorise the content or not but see in your end of year report then you can decide which subjects you want to drop.

Xionel

HSC
Uni Grad
Just listen in class so you at least don't waste that 1 hour.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)