Need Help - Motivation and Study Tips! (1 Viewer)

investigation

HSC
Hi, I'm currently studying General Maths, Advanced English, SOR2, Legal, Bio and Modern History.

I received 73% in my first general test and 74 in bio practical, which I'm not to happy with, I know I could have done better. I'm not stressing too much, it's just I need motivation to study. I basically play on my PC most of the time, and only do work when I really have to.

I know people say take away your PC, but obviously I have to do work on it and stuff like that. We just got our module for english which is William B Yeats' Poetry and it's heaps of work but yeah.

1.Any tips for motivation, really want to get better marks later in the year.

2.Would catching up on all my study notes for each subject these holidays be worth it/ a good idea?

laura-jayne14

HSC
Uni Grad
Definitely catch up on your notes over the break! That way you can just focus on past papers come HSC time. As for being distracted by your computer/gaming, write yourself a list of what you have to do and cross them out as you go through (definitely helps with my motivation :smile: ). If the computer is still an issue download an app like 'cold turkey' to block specific website or do your study at a library where you do not have access to your personal computer.

Robert Ollis

HSC
N/A
Hi investigation,

Motivation is often seen as the key to success. However, motivation is very hard to generate when you feel that your efforts are in vain. My experience as an educator is that every student has the innate ability to top their class, their school, and indeed the HSC. That is your potential as well. That could be the start of your motivation.

The next step maybe to refer to the experts, and I quote Dr Stephen Covey in his book "The Seven Habits of Highly Successfully People"; the first step
is to be proactive, and the second is to begin with the end in mind. Certainly catching up with your study notes is a good idea.

Good luck, relish the challenge and enjoy the journey.

Katsumi

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
HSC
N/A
your consistent effort in the next 5 years will be the difference between you making your parents car payments or them making yours.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)