Thread: Need Help - Motivation and Study Tips!

HSC

Unhappy Need Help - Motivation and Study Tips!

Hi, I'm currently studying General Maths, Advanced English, SOR2, Legal, Bio and Modern History.

I received 73% in my first general test and 74 in bio practical, which I'm not to happy with, I know I could have done better. I'm not stressing too much, it's just I need motivation to study. I basically play on my PC most of the time, and only do work when I really have to.

I know people say take away your PC, but obviously I have to do work on it and stuff like that. We just got our module for english which is William B Yeats' Poetry and it's heaps of work but yeah.

1.Any tips for motivation, really want to get better marks later in the year.

2.Would catching up on all my study notes for each subject these holidays be worth it/ a good idea?
    Preliminary HSC

Advanced English - Standard Mathematics 2 - Studies of Religion 2 - Modern History - Biology - Legal Studies

HSC
    Uni Grad

Re: Need Help - Motivation and Study Tips!

How to excel in senior year studies (yr 11/12)-99+ ATAR graduate feel free to check out my guide for some detailed study tips
    Last edited by dan964; 21 May 2018 at 2:32 AM. Reason: edited url

HSC
    Uni Grad

Definitely catch up on your notes over the break! That way you can just focus on past papers come HSC time. As for being distracted by your computer/gaming, write yourself a list of what you have to do and cross them out as you go through (definitely helps with my motivation ). If the computer is still an issue download an app like 'cold turkey' to block specific website or do your study at a library where you do not have access to your personal computer.
    2018-2019: Master of Public Health at University of Wollongong
    2015-2017: Bachelor of Social Science at University of Wollongong
    HSC 2014:English Advanced, General Mathematics, Biology, Community and Family Studies, Italian Beginners, Business Services

HSC
    N/A

Hi investigation,

Motivation is often seen as the key to success. However, motivation is very hard to generate when you feel that your efforts are in vain. My experience as an educator is that every student has the innate ability to top their class, their school, and indeed the HSC. That is your potential as well. That could be the start of your motivation.

The next step maybe to refer to the experts, and I quote Dr Stephen Covey in his book "The Seven Habits of Highly Successfully People"; the first step
    is to be proactive, and the second is to begin with the end in mind. Certainly catching up with your study notes is a good idea.

Good luck, relish the challenge and enjoy the journey.

HSC
    N/A

your consistent effort in the next 5 years will be the difference between you making your parents car payments or them making yours.
    Site Moderator

Bachelor of Commerce (Finance & Banking) @ University of Sydney
    Relationship Management @ Big 4 Bank

Thread Information