Is it hard to get a Band 6 in Physics? (1 Viewer)

JOWK

HSC
N/A
How hard is it really to get a Band 6 in Physics, is it one of the hardest subjects to get a band 6 in?

captainhelium

water enthusiast
HSC
It's doable.

Generally getting around an 83-85 raw mark in the actual HSC Physics exam will give you a nicely aligned Band 6 score.

In my opinion, the best way to improve your chances of scoring a Band 6 is to keep doing practice questions from past HSC papers and checking and improving your responses afterwards.

Remember that exam technique (time management, response structure etc.) is important for scoring a Band 6 in almost any subject.

Fizzy_Cyst

HSC
Uni Grad
How hard is it really to get a Band 6 in Physics, is it one of the hardest subjects to get a band 6 in?
Approximately 10-12% of students sitting HSC Physics end up with a Band 6. So, whilst difficult, it’s not the hardest.

Pretty sure Standard English is the hardest, I think less than 1% end up with a Band 6.

Jolteon

HSC
Alot of students at my school (for sciences/heavy content subjects) tend to print out 5-8 marker hsc questions and do them and then submit it to their teachers to mark.

I think this is a really good way to solidify your responses and you also get proper feedback from teachers. If your teachers don't mind you hassling them with your responses then I think its a good way to score well/achieve a band 6.

Hope this helps!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)