Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Atrium

Thread: Physics New Syllabus Study

HSC
    N/A

Physics New Syllabus Study

Hello,

From this year Physics and some other sciences have a new syllabus.

When it comes to the HSC what is a good way to study for these as past papers aren't going to be all that helpful right? Or can we still use the past papers depending on how much the content has changed.

Just need some ideas.

Thanks

HSC

Re: Physics New Syllabus Study

Hey JOWK,

Firstly you would need to understand the syllabus well. This will allow you to gain an understanding of why NESA has decided to overhaul the sciences.

A good way to study would be to look for two types of books. Ones that are comprehensive in their method of explanations, and one that provides you with a variety of different problems to test your understanding.

The difficulty with this year's new syllabus for Physics is its reversion to heavy mathematics compared to the old syllabus. So past papers may be helpful in terms of theoretical knowledge, but considering the new syllabus, it's probably not as useful as it can be.

I'd recommend hunting around bookstores to see if there are decent new textbooks. I was on the authoring committee for the Chemistry ones, but I know of a few good ones for Physics as well.

Let me know if you need some suggestions.
    Alex.
    Nada70 likes this.

Thread Information