Lmao idc anymore HSC over (1 Viewer)

andrew12678

HSC
I essentially did the same subjects as you for in Yr 11 with Modern replaced with Bio. If you love maths I would recommend upgrading to 4U and dropping English down to advanced. However, I would advise against dropping and then attempting to re-enrol in the course so do make sure your decision is 100% final. With regards to stress, I think you could perhaps free up some more time by focusing less on the subjects you are about to drop (eg. Extension English and Bio for me) so you can either take a breather or spend it on other areas-for these subjects I did the bare minimum to get a respectable mark so I wouldn't get on the wrong side of my teachers and nothing more.

Robert Ollis

HSC
N/A
Hi UStoleMyBike, you are experiencing the unnecessary anxieties that many students face at this time in their school career. There is life after the HSC and irrespective of your ATAR there will be opportunities for further study at university. In 2016, only 26% of students entering university did so via use of their ATAR.

New analysis released today by Victoria University's Mitchell Institute shows a pronounced disconnect: schools and students place an enormous importance on ATAR, but the higher education sector uses it less and less as a basis for admission.

(Google the bold text to find this article online).

The ending school phase of your life does generate anxieties in most students; you are not alone in your experiences. The report from the Mitchell institute should offer you some comfort by removing the power of the ATAR. The fact that you have been a top 10 student shows that you will succeed later in life, whatever the challenges. Consider the positives in your life. You live in the best country in the world, you have food and shelter and I presume a network of family and friends that care about you. There is still time to swap a subject, but the subjects are less important than the skill of learning how to learn. That skill will sustain you throughout your life.

The joy of life is facing challenges, enjoy your journey.

HSC
N/A
Time is on your side guys - I'm a 3rd yr Phys student and I took a pathway course to get here (never finished school). Try and study what interests you; don't imagine your world will end if you get some bad results. Exams are blunt instruments, and coupled with high workload its easy to forget the profound and wonderful concepts we get to think about.
Driving home from Uni the other day, after bombing out in a math test (lost 9% from a possible 20), I struggled to come to terms with just what a lucky problem it is, that I get to study at all.... sorry if thats all too philosophical, maybe listen to some Jocko Willink if that works for you? (youtube search "jocko good")
Good luck with your choices

Peter Mitchell

HSC
N/A
When I read your post, especially about the panic attacks etc, I felt compelled to reply to you about this. I suffered from this type of feeling several times during my life especially at your age (I am now 48) and I learned to respect the feeling but to take action to prevent pr minimise this quickly before the state of mind controlled me.

I have had a lot of success learning about how to relax and think clearly, to visualise the outcomes of events, so that these outcomes actually come true for me most of the time. Visualise the success you will have in the HSC, the reults of that success etc.

I visited hypnotherapy practitioners twice and learned how to control the fear, panic etc quite well, however now I find this type of material is available on You Tube. I hust searched for "hypnotherepy studying" and listened to some of the first videos and I can get the right feeling from each of them, and can recommend that you spend a little time to see if this helps at all.

With the right state of mind you will easily complete all of your subjects and get a result that is high enough for you to get to the next stage of your life.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)